Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting but if it's a success it will be hard to figure out how much is Brad Scott, how much is North Melbourne and how much is the fact that we're not Gold Coast.

As BNR alludes, I don't think you can ever underestimate the latter. They're an absolute shambles.

And the 'regular reader of this forum' in me tells me that the first two options won't gain a whole lot of traction around here, so I'll definitely have a sneaky $500 on option (c), please.

As BNR alludes, I don't think you can ever underestimate the latter. They're an absolute shambles.

And the 'regular reader of this forum' in me tells me that the first two options won't gain a whole lot of traction around here, so I'll definitely have a sneaky $500 on option (c), please.

If North get the best out of Hall, the club must remind everyone every chance they get that when players come to North they play their best footy. It’s would be a terrific selling point for future trades.

If North get the best out of Hall, the club must remind everyone every chance they get that when players come to North they play their best footy. It’s would be a terrific selling point for future trades.

Totally agree - the impact Hall could have goes well beyond what he could do on the field. Both he and Higgins could be real poster-boys for this aspect of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats with all our recruits giving veiled swipes at their old clubs? :p

What choice do they have when they experience true "awesomeness" for the first time in their lives?

Interview's really well. I've never heard him speak before but it's fair to say he comes across a lot more impressively than what I might have imagined. Reminds me a bit of Higgins. Speaks well, clearly, minimal cliche and most importantly seems to actually think about what he's saying before doing so. Like him already.

Totally agree.

If....sorry, when....Hall kills it this season, I'd trust North will be shouting that very message from the rooftops. (Likewise, with the imports in the AFLW side who have displayed improved form at North.) Just clarifying that my comment was in regards to what I think the consensus around here will be, rather than what the club could/should/will do.

(Apologies for the 2-week delay in replying, Val. It appears this one fell down one of my cerebral crevasses.)

Anyways, I've been super-bullish about New Azza since he signed (the Hall Hydrofoil is ticking over nicely - only a handful of seats left), and for me he's still the pick of the noobs when it comes to who I'm most interested in seeing play in 2019. Seems to possess a genuine will and resolve to do right by his new club. Figuring he'll spend the bulk of his time in the middle where his explosive pace will provide an immediate boost to a Midfield that often lacks it. At the same time, having the luxury of being able to run guys with the class of Hall and Higgo (and you could probably add Jy in there, too) through the Half-Forward line makes for some exciting times, also. Pretty sure BBB won't be complaining if it plays out that way.

Either way, IMO you can't underestimate the potential ripple effect that these ready-to-go additions to our Midfield will bring to the side as a whole. Just wish the cosmos would hurry the **** up and bring on Round 1. Tom Petty was spot on about this waiting crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back