Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Funny how different some of these blokes are to how you initially perceive them. Comes across really articulate and a leader.

Higgo was the same. I would never have imagined the bloke I saw at Footscray would have commanding presence on and off field.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
North cautious with Hall
Nick Bowen
Mar 2, 2019 6:20PM

020319_HallLarge.jpg

North coach Brad Scott said prized recruit Aaron Hall had escaped serious injury after Pierce fell across his left knee 10 minutes into Saturday's game.
Hall returned with his knee strapped and played the second quarter but did not return after half-time.
"He went out and played and he said, 'Look, it's just a bit sore,'" Scott said.
"My attitude was why risk him? He's escaped without any structural damage, let's just make sure he's right for next week."
However, the Roos coach said his team's forward line mix remained up in the air with just one pre-season game remaining before its round-one clash against Fremantle.
With Ben Brown held to just one mark and one goal by Saints veteran Nathan Brown, Mason Wood and Nick Larkey, who was required in defence at times, struggled to provide the Roos with strong aerial targets.
"That was a poor part of the game for us today. We had 58 entries and scored poorly from them," Scott said
"Browny's got his sort of pre-season mode almost down pat, no one gets himself to the line better than Browny.
"He's working with a different crew down there as well. We've got seven new players who don't understand our system perfectly yet, so we're going to have to do a lot of work over the next three weeks on how we deliver the ball inside our forward 50.
"And the mix as well is important because we're not sure what that looks like yet."
However, Scott was more confident his backline would be ready for round one even if vice-captain Robbie Tarrant is ruled out with an AC joint injury.
Scott said he had been happy with young defender Ben McKay's performance against the Saints, and with Larkey's efforts in his time inside the Roos' defensive 50m arc.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North cautious with Hall
Nick Bowen
Mar 2, 2019 6:20PM

020319_HallLarge.jpg

North coach Brad Scott said prized recruit Aaron Hall had escaped serious injury after Pierce fell across his left knee 10 minutes into Saturday's game.
Hall returned with his knee strapped and played the second quarter but did not return after half-time.
"He went out and played and he said, 'Look, it's just a bit sore,'" Scott said.
"My attitude was why risk him? He's escaped without any structural damage, let's just make sure he's right for next week."
However, the Roos coach said his team's forward line mix remained up in the air with just one pre-season game remaining before its round-one clash against Fremantle.
With Ben Brown held to just one mark and one goal by Saints veteran Nathan Brown, Mason Wood and Nick Larkey, who was required in defence at times, struggled to provide the Roos with strong aerial targets.
"That was a poor part of the game for us today. We had 58 entries and scored poorly from them," Scott said
"Browny's got his sort of pre-season mode almost down pat, no one gets himself to the line better than Browny.
"He's working with a different crew down there as well. We've got seven new players who don't understand our system perfectly yet, so we're going to have to do a lot of work over the next three weeks on how we deliver the ball inside our forward 50.
"And the mix as well is important because we're not sure what that looks like yet."
However, Scott was more confident his backline would be ready for round one even if vice-captain Robbie Tarrant is ruled out with an AC joint injury.
Scott said he had been happy with young defender Ben McKay's performance against the Saints, and with Larkey's efforts in his time inside the Roos' defensive 50m arc.

I was devastated seeing him go down in the first 5 mins of the JLT but good to see he’s ok

I was devastated seeing him go down in the first 5 mins of the JLT but good to see he’s ok

Tell me about it.

Almost had a monumental disaster on my hands there.

IMG-20160616-WA0020.jpg

Details of the re-launch to come. All previously sold tickets will be honored.

Yours apologetically,
Captain TOD

Any reason he wasn’t at the launch last night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't sleep well the night before. Apparantly was having nightmares about some young bloke from Fremantle who was constantly following him.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't sleep well the night before. Apparantly was having nightmares about some young bloke from Fremantle who was constantly following him.

Heard he got tagged that day, had one bad game and he's never lived it down since, now the town throws tomatoes at him and calls him a s**t player.

Aaron had to get out, come to a place nobody will find him. Some club nobodys knows about called 'North melbourne'.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
How are we being cautious with him yet are allowing him to play JLT2?

Give him a week off!

End of the day we need to have our fittest, best lineup out there because the real stuff is two weeks away. Can't be too stressed about players getting injured, if that happens it happens.

We need to identify Hall's best role for the main season before it starts.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
End of the day we need to have our fittest, best lineup out there because the real stuff is two weeks away. Can't be too stressed about players getting injured, if that happens it happens.

We need to identify Hall's best role for the main season before it starts.

goldy and cunners aren't playing yet are fit....

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
goldy and cunners aren't playing yet are fit....

Goldy is our number one anyway and with Campbell suspended for round one it is logical not to risk him.

Cunnington... who knows. Feels like there's more to this.

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Goldy and Cunners will slot in Rd 1 no dramas.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
i know, i don't expect them to play - in fact i don't know why we're risking higgins either..... Brown and Ziebs i understand as they need more fitness.

my post was in response to someone saying that we should have our best lineup put out there for a JLT match...

Not playing Goldy is a very smart call. Not only can't we risk him as any injury or suspension completely stuffs us up with Campbell's suspension.
But also, it's good to give Campbell a full game at this stage, so he's ready to go from round 2 should we need him.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If he isnt fit then dont play otherwise all our new recruits need a run.
Goldy rested since we have no backup for round 1 apart from a 90kg kid going up against the biggest boddies in the AFL.
Cunners has a small injury rest him.
Higgins should be rested.
Everyone else should play if fit.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think the coaching staff really wants to see where he fits into the side.

Is it as a genuine inside mid?
Half forward with bursts in the centre?
Outside mid? Wing pushing forward?

We have a bit to go to get all the cogs turning as one.

Back