Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

One more point in defense of Hall. He copped a bollocking from the combox and probably here for missing that goal but no commentators were as vocal when Zurhaar missed a far easier goal with the option of a player on his own in the square.
Agreed, that was shocking

Did you see on one of the games they highlighted how he doesn't wear a mouth guard. I know when I played without one (forgot it from time to time or lost it) I was definitely not as hard at the contest myself

No I missed that. I have played without a mouth guard and I'd like to think it didn't make me softer, mind you that was up here. And it ****ed my teeth totally.

I've watched 3/4 of the replay now and he definitely had soft moments but compared to others I dunno. I think its stupid to drop our leading tackler when we are struggling to put pressure on. Although Tyson was when we dropped him ... but that was for Jed who came in and had 10 tackles or something similar.

One more point in defense of Hall. He copped a bollocking from the combox and probably here for missing that goal but no commentators were as vocal when Zurhaar missed a far easier goal with the option of a player on his own in the square.

You obviously weren't in my loungeroom when that happened. I screamed at CZ for about 5 minutes after that,family had to tell me to calm down.

Fair. Although, one has almost a decade worth of games on the other.

Fair. Although, one has almost a decade worth of games on the other.

Hall was running flat out straight at the behind post with the ball and was only about 10 or 15 m out with no better option. If it was a goal it would have been a very good one.

Hall was running flat out straight at the behind post with the ball and was only about 10 or 15 m out with no better option. If it was a goal it would have been a very good one.

Agree. Not arguing that Z's wasn't a bad choice or that Hall's was easier. Just that it's probably not unreasonable to judge player's decision making with some allowance for experience.

Looks like a selfish player. Burnt a few players last week. I wouldn’t mind if he had the finishing skills of a Boomer but right now he is terrible.

A bust for mine. Hoping he comes good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's had a couple of bad games, but if the team improves he will be good value.

Was a bit cat-like at GC and we haven't yet ironed that out. Hopefully the new coach will be able to do it.
New coach?
What year 2021?2022?2023? If this club of ours gets on a run and starts winning Scott will get an extension as Supporters we don't get to pick a Coach or their assistants the board does and our board are week and decadent .
Plus all board members from Chairman Ben down to Scanlon and his croannies have Virgin brains which means an original thought has punjered their brains over their lifetimes.
So it will be business as normal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New coach?
What year 2021?2022?2023? If this club of ours gets on a run and starts winning Scott will get an extension as Supporters we don't get to pick a Coach or their assistants the board does and our board are week and decadent .
Plus all board members from Chairman Ben down to Scanlon and his croannies have Virgin brains which means an original thought has punjered their brains over their lifetimes.
So it will be business as normal.

Umm, sure.

I hate it when croannies have punjered brains. o_O

Heard Aaron’s struggling a bit and might take a leave of absense from the club. Think the clubs already aware.

Believe his wife and kid may be on the way back interstate as he tackles a few demons outside of football.

Unfortunate news if true. I feel for him - seems like a quality bloke and he hasn't exactly had the ideal start to his time at North.

While I'm on the subject...IMO there was a fair bit of sh1t-posting directed at him after the Port game. Yes, he was soft and half-arsed and lacking in defensive application, but he hadn't been playing in that manner prior to that. On the contrary, he'd been one of our more pro-active Mids in the two-way running department, and also led the tackle count for the side. Disappointing to see some posters leverage off their confirmation bias to turn on the bloke off the back of one poor showing (in that facet of the game), particularly when some other players have been merrily racking up multiple transgressions of a similar nature without drawing the same level of ire. His form wasn't great, but still think it was a case of premature ejection to axe him.

I remain confident that - if used right - he can be a valuable asset to the side. Backing him in to rebound from this bump in the road, and wish him all the best if he is indeed going through some personal issues at this time.

Unfortunate news if true. I feel for him - seems like a quality bloke and he hasn't exactly had the ideal start to his time at North.

While I'm on the subject...IMO there was a fair bit of sh1t-posting directed at him after the Port game. Yes, he was soft and half-arsed and lacking in defensive application, but he hadn't been playing in that manner prior to that. On the contrary, he'd been one of our more pro-active Mids in the two-way running department, and also led the tackle count for the side. Disappointing to see some posters leverage off their confirmation bias to turn on the bloke off the back of one poor showing (in that facet of the game), particularly when some other players have been merrily racking up multiple transgressions of a similar nature without drawing the same level of ire. His form wasn't great, but still think it was a case of premature ejection to axe him.

I remain confident that - if used right - he can be a valuable asset to the side. Backing him in to rebound from this bump in the road, and wish him all the best if he is indeed going through some personal issues at this time.

I was a big supporter of him and still am. But he really needs to improve after that port game. As the game went on i was shocked at how badly his game went backwards. If he wanted to he could be one of the best mids in the comp. He could have doubled his tackle count against Port, still had more possessions and been BOG imo.

He's got that much potential.

But I'm harsher on him for the same reason I rarely give Higgo a vote unless he plays to his potential. I expect more I guess.

If this rumour that he is struggling is true that might explain his drop off against Port cos he got progressively worse over the game.

He made some blunders in the port game and got dropped, we have had 5 players making those type of mistakes for years, without getting sent back to the VFL. Hall was an easy target for a coach with no balls.
He was also leading our tackle count, not bad for a bloke who most say only runs one way.
Looking forward to him coming back into the team, eventaully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back