Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He made some blunders in the port game and got dropped, we have had 5 players making those type of mistakes for years, without getting sent back to the VFL. Hall was an easy target for a coach with no balls.
He was also leading our tackle count, not bad for a bloke who most say only runs one way.
Looking forward to him coming back into the team, eventaully.

He’d been making blunders all season before that, and I’m sure that’s not what got him dropped. It was his disgraceful softness in that game that got him dropped. I’m glad to hear that there seem to be reasons for it, and hope that he gets right and comes back in a better place.

He’d been making blunders all season before that, and I’m sure that’s not what got him dropped. It was his disgraceful softness in that game that got him dropped. I’m glad to hear that there seem to be reasons for it, and hope that he gets right and comes back in a better place.

Yeah. I agree.

I'm a big fan of what he brings but he was poor in that game and as it went on he got worse. I know he has breathing issues and they may have contributed but turning your back on play and jogging to nowhere as one of the players you could have covered moves the ball into their forward line (possibly for a goal) when we could get back into the game is not on. (Gibbo wouldn't have chased that softly, for example.)

Hall could be one of the best players in the league if he was more determined not to let anyone on the opposition get anything over him at all.

We need to get him to that level this season if we're gonna salvage anything this year and more to the point if we want to do to him what we did to w80 and Higgo - help him take the next step and push into that "best players in the comp" category.

Heard Aaron’s struggling a bit and might take a leave of absense from the club. Think the clubs already aware.

Believe his wife and kid may be on the way back interstate as he tackles a few demons outside of football.
Massive game from Aaron.

29 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 marks, 2 goals.

I'm finding it difficult to reconcile these two posts.

Leave him down there again.

I can't see Hobart suiting him.

Bring him back for the Dogs.

I'd almost be inclined to agree. The sentimental part of me would like to see him play in Hobart and rip it apart tho.

And 7 tackles is good. But could he have run harder and made 10?

Not in the bests
It was a bloody good game of footy and many players were fantastic. A fantastic running goal, some strong tackles and centre clearance work, played like you would expect an AFL player to play, was bloody good. Probably just too many to list in the best, but he was up there for sure.
Seemed like his wife and son were there too.

Family weren’t there though. They are probably safer in qld until all things are settled. Seems the club has rallied round him which is good to see.
He had some family or friends there for sure today.

Being a Tassie boy he’d be desperate to play next week.

Whether or not he does it’s at least good to see him respond well to his demotion. Has tricks we could use. Just needs to show a similar commitment up a level to cement a spot.

Back