Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron is currently equal first for scoring shots at the club (3.9), shared with Brown (7.5) and Zuurhaar (8.4). Next best is Taylor (5.2)

Also equal first for behinds across the league with 9.

Obviously doesn't mean much if he doesn't improve in this area and start taking his chances, but at the same time, he is certainly hitting the scoreboard (not literally, although some of his kicking has gone close)

Met him at the Syd and he is a really great person, was very impressive and definitely an asset to the club off the field.

Think he is trying hard and really hope it clicks for him, because I think he still has a lot of offer if he cleans up certain areas of his game.

That made me laugh. Cheers.

History has proven that i am usually right. Majak Daw to the backline was my idea, not that the club took it as they figured it out in 2018, i emailed the club as a suggestion in 2014, Matthew Llyod said this in 2017. Of course Llyod got laughed out of the panel by Carey and i didn't get a response from the club in 2014. Oh yeah, history will also show us not moving to the gold coast was a costly mistake. We could be basking in the sun right now as the home team........but hey, eveybody has got the right to their opinions of course.
We're on the Gold Coast now and it hasn't done us any *en good at all.

Last week showed he can get the pill, just dont understand whats going on with his kicking. PLayed better the 2nd half but doesnt gloss over the fact that his kicking was disgusting. What has gone wrong with him. is he a confidence player?

Last week showed he can get the pill, just dont understand whats going on with his kicking. PLayed better the 2nd half but doesnt gloss over the fact that his kicking was disgusting. What has gone wrong with him. is he a confidence player?

I reckon his kicking has always been hit and miss. At his best he can be explosive, but I'm not sure he's silky skilled.

I reckon his kicking has always been hit and miss. At his best he can be explosive, but I'm not sure he's silky skilled.
It seems that sometimes the media will see a player and give them a label based on certain attributes which they stubbornly refuse to ever change. As a result Hall gets 'silky skills' and Toby McLean gets occasionally called a 'hard nut'. I can occasionally see the rationale for the former but evidence for the latter appears to be as rare as hens teeth.

Let's wait and see about that. Apparently someone flew into Ballina Airport from Melbourne the other day with it.

If this is true campaigners need flaying.

Or shot, in north korea, this high ranking government official tried to flaunt the 14 days isolation rules by sneaking out of the hotel after 2 days, shot dead on sight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him on-ball, Simpkin at centre, mcdonald midfield tag..........

While not primership 3, would be a decent interim midfield until LDU, Thomas step up to become fulltime mids.

Higgins to go to half back with his experience and superior disposal skill to use, could be a good mentor ands someone who is a very good player.

Him on-ball, Simpkin at centre, mcdonald midfield tag..........

While not primership 3, would be a decent interim midfield until LDU, Thomas step up to become fulltime mids.

Higgins to go to half back with his experience and superior disposal skill to use, could be a good mentor ands someone who is a very good player.

Why not post sensibly like this consistently Rad? Much better posting and good ideas.

He is up there as one of the worse kicks on the list and I doubt he sees out another contract.

He can shank yes but still drill a goal from 50 plus. How many others on our list can do that?

We have far worse kicks on our list than Azza.

His problem is he too often makes poor choices, and arguably selfish - it's not ability. (imo and I rate your opinion highly if disagree)

He can shank yes but still drill a goal from 50 plus. How many others on our list can do that?

We have far worse kicks on our list than Azza.

His problem is he too often makes poor choices, and arguably selfish - it's not ability. (imo and I rate your opinion highly if disagree)
I don’t think his kicking is his strongest asset. Be it at goal or out of a pack.
Hall is at his most influential when linking up play.
I’ve never seen him run down and I personally see him fighting for a position with Scott, Dumont and Polec. All are wingmen and we know which 2 are preferred by the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back