Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Milwaukee Bucks
Took a bit to get into it but once he did was all class.

His run off half back really sets us up. Hopefully gets his new contract ASAP.

This would have to be biggest scrap heap to solid gold turn arounds I have ever seen.
Remarkable. Just unbelievable the footy he is playing.
How can he not be in AA contention?

Give him 2 years but more importantly he deserves to play finals.
Weapon. Absolute weapon.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This would have to be biggest scrap heap to solid gold turn arounds I have ever seen.
Remarkable. Just unbelievable the footy he is playing.
How can he not be in AA contention?

Give him 2 years but more importantly he deserves to play finals.
Weapon. Absolute weapon.
credit to the coach - the captain in the backline last night wasn't too shabby either

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Seems to have worked incredibly hard on his game. No doubt part of that is being able to breathe now, but he showed a defensive mindset that I haven't seen from him before.

Is playing Saad like footy right now.

I went from taking good small forwards and rebounding defenders for granted when we had a run of good ones for years to looking on enviously at other clubs regularly pulling them off rookie lists.

Thus far in 2021 Hall's play has been a pleasant throwback to Sinclair, King and Pickett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
He’s what Shaun Atley should be.

He’s what Shaun Atley should be.

I remember I reckon it was about shuan’s second year and he was that player where he would run and gun and players where giving him the footy. And some teams actually were tagging him on half back.
Since then he never produced it

Its a Process

All Australian
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was left 1vs1 deep in defence (I think it was on Langdon) and bodied up early and took an outstanding contested mark.

Since he went back to half back he has been in our top 5 comfortably. Massive props to him, he has battled both physical and mental battles and I get real joy in seeing him play great football.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How reliable has Aaron been this year. Sure he fluffs some kicks but his willingness to get the footy is brilliant. He is a classic 100 meter player.
when he hits it 60 metres into space, the angles on the game certainly take on a different shape

He was left 1vs1 deep in defence (I think it was on Langdon) and bodied up early and took an outstanding contested mark.

Since he went back to half back he has been in our top 5 comfortably. Massive props to him, he has battled both physical and mental battles and I get real joy in seeing him play great football.
Good call.
I recall saying at the time to my brother “dont stress, Halls in positions 1-A here - hes got this.”
And he proceed to take the contested mark and disposed of it perfectly.
Just a gem to watch in 2021

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched the replay with a pies supporter, after a couple of turnovers he kept saying that number 43 was awful, i told him we have him playing there for a reason and sure enough Hall did some great stuff repeatedly in important moments, by the end of the third quarter the pies supporter was completely onboard with him. Aaron does a lot of cool stuff that's fun to look at on top of trying his butt off, i really hope we keep him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back