AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm talking about in the media.

The media love him, there's been a heap of articles on him already (there was another one yesterday).

Also, out of interest, have you been to many games this year? When he chips the ball 15m sideways to a team mate, the crowd (with myself often leading the charge) literally get on their feet and cheer for him. Rest assured, he's universally loved.

Please, please, please leave him up forward. High HF who can roam if need be, but we need him near the goals.

Not every single one of our younger players has to 'rotate through the midfield'. We need his smarts up forward, as Joey's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I was only going off stats and it's quite similar. More permanent role up fwd will see his goals tally increase and possibly have a few 4+ goals by seasons end. If this happens I can't understand how the comparison with stringer couldn't exist.

I was only going off stats and it's quite similar. More permanent role up fwd will see his goals tally increase and possibly have a few 4+ goals by seasons end. If this happens I can't understand how the comparison with stringer couldn't exist.
Gun players that you could conceivably compare him to: Pendles, Hird, Fyfe, Gunston, Stringer

One of these things is not like the other ones

Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting Kyle is currently or will ever be on the level of those above

Loved his two goals in the last. Showed his agility for the first this his coolness to slot the 2nd from 50.

The part I liked best was that he outran his opponent both times. The modern game is all about who can run to the space first when attacking on the break. We haven't been good at it, whether that is due to fitness, speed or anticipation. But what Langford did twice in the last is what modern footy attacking moves are made of.
Fantasia is good at it too. He maybe lacks a little bit of skill and ball control at this point, but shows promise in getting to where he can actually do some damage by his running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weighted pass to redman in 3rd quarter was another example of his ability.

Got off his man and presented perfectly. Took the mark then quickly turned around and executed a long pass to red.

I can see why we took him ahead of Blayne....

Official

Langford Locked In

161006_LangersP.jpg

Kyle Langford will remain in the Red and Black until at least 2019.

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Kyle Langford has agreed to a two-year contract extension.

Langford has committed to the Bombers until the end of the 2018 season ahead of tonight’s game against Hawthorn this evening.

Part of Essendon’s emerging group of young stars, Langford said the Club’s bright future was the driving force behind his decision.

“To continue my career at Essendon is a huge honour personally. I love the Essendon Football Club, I want to be a part of its next period of success,” Langford said.

“We’re building a really talented playing list, and seeing the likes of Dyson Heppell, Cale Hooker and David Myers recommit for 2017 gives me confidence the Club is moving in the right direction.

“We’re really enjoying playing under Woosha (John Worsfold). He’s implemented a quality football program that demands elite standards, and I’m confident that we can challenge the best in the competition in the years to come.”

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said Langford is continuing to show glimpses of the player the Club knows he can be.

“Kyle is working extremely hard on improving his game, he’s an unbelievable competitor and we’re really pleased he wants to be a part of our football Club,” Worsfold said.

“We’ve taken Kyle out of his comfort zones and played him in a variety of roles this season, he’s embraced that challenge and we believe with his attitude, talent and drive he’s going to play a big role in the future of this football team.”

Essendon List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Langford is one of a number of exciting young prospects at the Club who continue to excite the red and black faithful.

“Kyle’s new deal is another significant announcement for our football Club and a sign of the confidence the players have in the future we are building,” Dodoro said.

“He’s an exceptional young talent, he’s a lovely kick, has great hands, and he’s a really smart footballer. People also forget he’s still only 19 years of age and playing his second season of senior footy, and we’re really excited about the way he’s developing.”

Kyle Langford joins Heath Hocking, Travis Colyer, Cale Hooker, David Myers and Dyson Heppell who have also re-committed to the Club so far this season.

Langford was recruited from Victoria’s Northern Knights and picked up by the Bombers at No.17 in the 2014 National Draft. Kyle made his debut against St Kilda in Round 5 last season.

Not gonna lie, I sorta thought he'd turn out to be some spoilt kid who walked out on the club due to the lack of success...

great show of loyalty though, it shows the character he has to re-sign in the midst of everything going on

Back