Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I assess him as a big positive from this year.

Finding footy because of smart craft as opposed to individual acts of genius, very good overhead and on the lead and unselfish to a fault.

If he’s hungrier and more selfish around the goals he finishes the year with 25 snags at absolute minimum and you’re looking at AA calculations despite 3rd world service from the midfield. Showing genuine improvement and getting better with age

Last edited:
084570a587935e669a02200cc68712b8.jpg

Imagine being able to post whatever you want without fear of any repercussions?

AFL media and coverage is a joke in this country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone think that we may start to use Tippa as a defender a fair bit more this coming season? With no Saad and McKenna he stands out as a guy that could have real hurt factor playing if we can feed him some easy ball. Playing him on the weakest opposition forward ala Caleb Daniel (or at least the weakest in the air). Plus we do have quite a few options to use up forward.

Tippa's biggest weakness as a forward is he can't get enough ball. Playing in defense its a lot easier to get some cheapies and you know with his ball use he makes it count. Don't get me wrong he will be a bit of a defensive liability sometimes but at least you're getting a real weapon for that weakness. He is also superb once the ball hits the ground.

Does anyone think that we may start to use Tippa as a defender a fair bit more this coming season? With no Saad and McKenna he stands out as a guy that could have real hurt factor playing if we can feed him some easy ball. Playing him on the weakest opposition forward ala Caleb Daniel (or at least the weakest in the air). Plus we do have quite a few options to use up forward.

Tippa's biggest weakness as a forward is he can't get enough ball. Playing in defense its a lot easier to get some cheapies and you know with his ball use he makes it count. Don't get me wrong he will be a bit of a defensive liability sometimes but at least you're getting a real weapon for that weakness. He is also superb once the ball hits the ground.
I think with Fantasia gone, you can't take him away from our forward line. Especially if we want to play a forward half game.

084570a587935e669a02200cc68712b8.jpg

Imagine being able to post whatever you want without fear of any repercussions?

AFL media and coverage is a joke in this country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an actual link to this or have you just seen this on Facebook and with out actually looking think it's a real article?

I think with Fantasia gone, you can't take him away from our forward line. Especially if we want to play a forward half game.

I get this but I also think if we didn't get trapped in our own backline so much by adding an elite ball user back there then that could also help us play a forward half game. No doubt we would miss his tackling and goal kicking threat though.

I get this but I also think if we didn't get trapped in our own backline so much by adding an elite ball user back there then that could also help us play a forward half game. No doubt we would miss his tackling and goal kicking threat though.
It's a relatively easy position to fill though. We have plenty that will be just as effective back there but very few that are as effective as forwards.

I like it. In the backline he has the whole ground in front of him to be creative. Would be massive IMO. With McKenna, Fantasia & Saad gone we might need to. Fantasia played across HB for a couple of games when McKenna was out/fwd.

Just need to get a reliable small forward. I would be looking at Stephenson TBH with Ham & snelling around the area too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The Bulldogs haven't asked about Tippa and Essendon haven't raised his name either," Lucas said.

"He has two years to run on a contract and he will be an Essendon player next year."
Phew. Also good that he has a manager now that isn't his adoptive mother

Phew. Also good that he has a manager now that isn't his adoptive mother
I'm shocked that he's staying at Essendon, despite all the bullshit made up clickbait well written stories from dumb-arse unimaginative lazy *silly people respected journalists about him wanting out.

His kick inside 50 to Dev after that massive chain of running handballs was perfection. Like that he also settled and had a shot from about 45m out in the 2nd qtr i think it was, even though he missed. We need him playing selfish. Also, stopping and taking your 30 seconds gives everyone a breather and chance to set up for a miss, and wont leave us exposed for a quick counter attack.

His kick inside 50 to Dev after that massive chain of running handballs was perfection. Like that he also settled and had a shot from about 45m out in the 2nd qtr i think it was, even though he missed. We need him playing selfish. Also, stopping and taking your 30 seconds gives everyone a breather and chance to set up for a miss, and wont leave us exposed for a quick counter attack.
I said at the time but Walla's best strength (other than set shots) is his ball use. Such a silky user even though he lacks a touch of penetration in his kicking.

This is why I get annoyed when it's bombed into our forward line and plonked on his head - he can't do anything with that. Walla needs to be the one on the flanks distributing the ball i50 to our forwards. Langford too, for that matter. If they can be responsible for most of our i50 entries then we'll be a much better team for it.

I said at the time but Walla's best strength (other than set shots) is his ball use. Such a silky user even though he lacks a touch of penetration in his kicking.

This is why I get annoyed when it's bombed into our forward line and plonked on his head - he can't do anything with that. Walla needs to be the one on the flanks distributing the ball i50 to our forwards. Langford too, for that matter. If they can be responsible for most of our i50 entries then we'll be a much better team for it.
A grubber kicked along the ground would be more useful to him than the long bomb on top of his head. There’s not many defenders that would relish the thought of competing with him for a ground ball one on one but they’ll punch a kick away every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back