Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrying an "unspecified injury" says Scott Lucas. Doesn't really clear much up. Hopefully he's good to go for the summer.
Is Lucas his manager or just going off random stuff we've all heard via press conferences etc?

Rutten categorically stated that he's not injured, so unless that was a lie or has changed since...?

Is Lucas his manager or just going off random stuff we've all heard via press conferences etc?

Rutten categorically stated that he's not injured, so unless that was a lie or has changed since...?
Yeah, Lucas is his manager. I don't know. There's all manner of official messaging going on in this country that is utter BS, so it wouldn't be off-trend.

He was hobbling in the last GWS match, commentators made a reference to it looking like a corky, but he was off for the rest of his games played... There was no footage of how he got the hobble either...

I think he maybe dropped a hint in the Insta post when that idiot did what he did that he was having a bit of trouble with Covid stuff also but really who knows.

Just want to see him happy foremost and secondly fit to do the things he wants, entertaining us probably ranks down the chain a bit IMO

He was hobbling in the last GWS match, commentators made a reference to it looking like a corky, but he was off for the rest of his games played... There was no footage of how he got the hobble either...

I think he maybe dropped a hint in the Insta post when that idiot did what he did that he was having a bit of trouble with Covid stuff also but really who knows.

Just want to see him happy foremost and secondly fit to do the things he wants, entertaining us probably ranks down the chain a bit IMO
He played fine in the scratch match 🤔

Reading between the lines, if I had to make a complete uniformed guess:

- He was struggling with Covid more than most, tight with his family etc...
- He was losing fitness, perhaps more than most...who knows whether that was diet etc... not here to speculate
- His form dropped as a result
- Was struggling with motivation levels to work it off due to mentally struggling with covid

Gave him a period of time off to get his mind right, and in turn, try and get his body right.

Literally zero of that is substantiated. But would be my best read on the situation.
Mental and physical health really do have a huge correlation.

I was huge on getting Alwyn to 100 games, he was producing boys left right and centre. Don’t worry, I am heading the “ my boys” charge, form a line behind me thank you. Quite a few Bombers I knew were saying GET RID, before he hit the father son mark.My next campaign is to GET TIPPA a missus/wife and let them get down to buisness.

Reading between the lines, if I had to make a complete uniformed guess:

- He was struggling with Covid more than most, tight with his family etc...
- He was losing fitness, perhaps more than most...who knows whether that was diet etc... not here to speculate
- His form dropped as a result
- Was struggling with motivation levels to work it off due to mentally struggling with covid

Gave him a period of time off to get his mind right, and in turn, try and get his body right.

Literally zero of that is substantiated. But would be my best read on the situation.
Mental and physical health really do have a huge correlation.
nailed-it.gif

I was huge on getting Alwyn to 100 games, he was producing boys left right and centre. Don’t worry, I am heading the “ my boys” charge, form a line behind me thank you. Quite a few Bombers I knew were saying GET RID, before he hit the father son mark.My next campaign is to GET TIPPA a missus/wife and let them get down to buisness.

Who's the best small forward in the AFLW? We need those elite small forward genes.

Could be a little of both?

Got some knocks, lost some fitness, mentally not in a good place given the whole pandemic thing keeping players away from their support networks.
My theory was that he may have been injured but that it had resolved by the second week (or perhaps before he was even omitted) when Rutten was cross-examined about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My theory was that he may have been injured but that it had resolved by the second week (or perhaps before he was even omitted) when Rutten was cross-examined about it.

Could well be true, there was definitely a game when he got a knock early on and didn't look right after that, maybe not enough to stop him playing, but enough that for a small forward reliant on acceleration and agility, it hindered what he could do.

Could be a little of both?

Got some knocks, lost some fitness, mentally not in a good place given the whole pandemic thing keeping players away from their support networks.
A combination of everything. He was injured during the dreamtime game in round 12. Was visibly limping from 1st qtr and eventually limped off the ground in the 4th from memory. Looked like a bad corkie to me. We had the bye the next week so he didnt miss any games but he lost form from that point in time and didnt look 100%. Lockdowns/restrictions had ramped back up in VIC by this point, a trip to tassie, and then our home games got moved to QLD eventually and we were back in hubs. Stressful times. Id believe Rutten when he says Tippa wasn't necessarily injured at this point. The loss of conditioning from the Richmond game, lead to a drop in form combined with the mental stress and the result was what we got. He was a lock for AA after round 11. 27 goals, 13 goal assists, 35 tackles in 11 games. 7 goals, 8 goal assists, 21 tackles in 9 games to finish the season.

Looking at the way he plays, quite a few times I have mentioned that I worry for his life after football. The Crows game this year was a perfect example, he knocked the absolute s**t out of that poor crows bloke,subbed out a.s.a.p.
What about the affect on Tippa from that one ? He played the game out but surely it has impact on him because he does this time and again.
Sooner or later the body says “ * this” How do you stop his natural instinct ? Manage him ? Because he knows no other way God love him.

May need some help with his advertising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back