AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he already grown since the draft? Also how big is his dad and the other bloke on his right.

Could be a key forward or at worst 3rd tall forward/defender IMO.

Would like to see him groomed off half back than midfield once bigger than midfield with going goal square than maybe as a potential key forward who has stints onball/wing ala: pavlich, Richo

10013951_752741341471360_7501161256178531531_n.jpg

Looks like we have our new number 30.

Add in the firming selection of Jake Long and that's 3 185cm+ smooth moving midfield types brought in this year, Laverde and Langford also bring that POD of being seriously capable in the air (Kyle especially), we've clearly identified a need.

Is Jake Long actually any good? I'll admit i'm not accross it but would have thought if he was any good that he would have been drafted? Cheers

couple more things:

1/ he's a good looking lad - red n black will suit IMO
2/ looking forward to people calling him CLANGford when he turns it over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the above list comparing Moore to Langford was really interesting, Langford eats him alive.

Slightly more long term but another good pick up. Uses both sides well which is a plus. Can mark and kick a goal. Good pace. What we needed.

I don't mind this though old mate. Our "best 22" has shown the capability of competing and beating the best. We have enough kids waiting in the wings who need to push our best 22 next season. Langford and Laverde will hopefully push these kids in a year or two when the current elder statesman are gone.

There is a video of him on the club website using a Smith machine in the gym... does not even lift, delist!
I think smith machines are stupid for a many things but it looked like he was doing some bench press throws for building up upper body power. In this case having the bar on the rails means that its easier to catch the bar when he lets go. Other than that smith machines are great for leaning against while waiting for better equipment to free up. :thumbsu:

Back