AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He is my boy to break out in 2017. Had a very consistent year for a 2nd year forward/midfielder. With another pre season under his belt, genuinely think he could go from a 15 - 18 possession game mid to a 20+ possession a game midfielder whilst 20+ goals is not out of the question should he rest forward.

Kicked 12 goals from his 17 games this year in a god awful side, with more avenues to goal and a better side around him coupled with his own personal development. 20 should be the goal (no pun intended) for this 3rd year Don.

He is my boy to break out in 2017. Had a very consistent year for a 2nd year forward/midfielder. With another pre season under his belt, genuinely think he could go from a 15 - 18 possession game mid to a 20+ possession a game midfielder whilst 20+ goals is not out of the question should he rest forward.

Kicked 12 goals from his 17 games this year in a god awful side, with more avenues to goal and a better side around him coupled with his own personal development. 20 should be the goal (no pun intended) for this 3rd year Don.
My exact thoughts

Langford gonna put a massive gap between him and Laverde this season imo.... should be locking himself as a top ten player for us by the start of the 2018 season.

he is beastasaurus. Utter monster of a lad. I hope he really starts to enjoy throwing his weight around on the football field.

If there is any deficiency in his game, it is this. Needs to know how big he really is and use it to his advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am more interested in Langford understanding footy is 360% game - Once you receive the ball you have four options - Go left,right, back or forward - At the moment, Langford's default position is to go back.

I am more interested in Langford understanding footy is 360% game - Once you receive the ball you have four options - Go left,right, back or forward - At the moment, Langford's default position is to go back.
Atleast he has the composure to feel calm under pressure and hold the ball. Once he gains more experience he should be able to know when and where to release the ball.

I know where you are coming from, but i think a lot of that has to do with Langford actually looking upfield to see if there is teammate there before he kicks, rather than just pooing his pants and slamming the ball on his boot

So much this. So, so, so much this.
Atleast he has the composure to feel calm under pressure and hold the ball. Once he gains more experience he should be able to know when and where to release the ball.

He has the composure to keep the ball in hand rather than bomb it long.

My coach used to say the opposite to me. I kept grabbing running forward and not "opening up the space" to filter to the wings for a clean kick.

He could by under instruction or are you meaning post mark he goes backward?

CznvbebXcAAvXBl.jpg

I don't know if it's the time of the year, or all players in the comp are looking this good, but most of our boys are looking more ripped than ever*

*aside from Fatty Green, obviously.

I don't know if it's the time of the year, or all players in the comp are looking this good, but most of our boys are looking more ripped than ever*

*aside from Fatty Green, obviously.
Apparently they're in a better place than they were same time last year :) (in the Howlett interview)

Apparently they're in a better place than they were same time last year :) (in the Howlett interview)
They say that every year though. To me, I just keep seeing all these pictures of ripped players. I feel like they're all really pushing themselves this pre-season!

They say that every year though. To me, I just keep seeing all these pictures of ripped players. I feel like they're all really pushing themselves this pre-season!
I feel like a 12 month pre-season would probably have that result. There are muscles I'm not sure I even knew existed in some of those photos..

Back