AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

They say that every year though. To me, I just keep seeing all these pictures of ripped players. I feel like they're all really pushing themselves this pre-season!
They'd be super pumped to be getting on with football without a dark shadow hanging around the club, also it is also a few players who are still new and are getting a football body in their second preseason.

I don't know if it's the time of the year, or all players in the comp are looking this good, but most of our boys are looking more ripped than ever*

*aside from Fatty Green, obviously.

Yeah I've noticed it myself - many of our blokes are jacked as *.

this guy is my boy.... permission to change thread name to Welcome to Bark Maguley for Pick 14??

My boy from last year is in for a big year this year and as a mid more than forward

My only concern on him has been he is a bit too slow (in that he tries too hard to find the right option). If he can get that right I have no doubt he will excel in the midfield, he is built for it.

My only concern on him has been he is a bit too slow (in that he tries too hard to find the right option). If he can get that right I have no doubt he will excel in the midfield, he is built for it.
Keep in mind he is still young aswell, he now has the best teacher in Watson and having Diesel Williams around will help aswell.

He can be a bit too slow but unlike most young guys he doesn't panic and just try to get rid of it as quick as he can. No reason he couldn't end up like Pendles in that sense of not looking overly quick but always seems to get the ball away

may not be pacey, but i reckon he has a bit of the Pendles about him in traffic, which tends to slow the game down.
Has good lateral movement and awareness of the game around him.
If he can keep taking his decision making and execution further, he could be a midfield gem
If not, i think he's a good option up forward. But i see him more as a mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see alot of Jobe Watson if he makes it probably wont be as good but that style. Just the big bodied midfielder who uses his hands well wins first possession and sets up other players by clever ball use.

may not be pacey, but i reckon he has a bit of the Pendles about him in traffic, which tends to slow the game down.
Has good lateral movement and awareness of the game around him.
If he can keep taking his decision making and execution further, he could be a midfield gem
If not, i think he's a good option up forward. But i see him more as a mid.

Yeah didnt mean pacey. More holds onto the ball a little bit too long

I like how people complain about our lack of poise in contested situations and when we get a player who is poised in contested situation they rag on him for being so.

I like how people complain about our lack of poise in contested situations and when we get a player who is poised in contested situation they rag on him for being so.

Whos ragging on him?
Only slightly negative comment was mine and that was just a noted weakness in his game that he will no doubt improve with experience.

Whos ragging on him?
Only slightly negative comment was mine and that was just a noted weakness in his game that he will no doubt improve with experience.
Also a lack of poise isn't one of the main grievances people have about the midfield. A lack of speed, defensive work, elite footskills, sure, but with Watson and Heppell there I never see people complain about poise. Strange post.

Posted last year that Langford's first reaction is to move back when he has the ball - He needs at times to move sideways or forward - This is having more poise.

Posted last year that Langford's first reaction is to move back when he has the ball - He needs at times to move sideways or forward - This is having more poise.

Definitely, his poise can improve when in the mid. Got caught a few times because of this last season. Obviously his inexperience and he would have been even better off if Myers, Watson, Heppell & co were there to help.

Still think he looks more a natural forward to me. That game against North when he was playing a high HF role and taking marks near the mid. Also that Carlton game he just looked very comfortable. Going to be a very good player for us either way.

Break out season coming up.

giphy.gif

Back