AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think wrong, but you seem to know everything. Why don't you inform everyone on here about your football career if you are such and expert. If you don't feel up to it I'll gladly let everyone know

Watch the video mate the proof is in the pudding, you don't need to be Einstein to see he is a good overhead mark the proof is right infront of your eyes

His overhead marking is one of his strengths not sure which player you have been watching

I just think that it is an area if he can improve or regain then it will really push him along. He is only 20 as has been pointed out. The club seems to be moving him into the midfield then pushing hard forward for a one on one contest. This workload is probably something he is getting used to and as a consequence I believe his marking skills have diminished. Again he is only 20 so here is hoping he can continue to develop in the role the club seems to want him to play. Will become very damaging when he gets fitter and stronger.
He should keep getting games to btw. This talk of dropping him is premature.

I just think that it is an area if he can improve or regain then it will really push him along. He is only 20 as has been pointed out. The club seems to be moving him into the midfield then pushing hard forward for a one on one contest. This workload is probably something he is getting used to and as a consequence I believe his marking skills have diminished. Again he is only 20 so here is hoping he can continue to develop in the role the club seems to want him to play. Will become very damaging when he gets fitter and stronger.
He should keep getting games to btw. This talk of dropping him is premature.
Yeah like I've said he has been matched up on a lot of bigger and stronger players in marking contests once his frame develops he should do better in that regard. Your not wrong there mate sorry I came across a bit shitty I'm just tired of the negativity honestly but yep I agree with you completely here

Stupid VFL watchers..
Somewhere in the archives is a post from me waxing lyrical about his AFL attributes from back when he was playing VFL - speed, ball handling and the best ******* ball drop going around were clear enough to see.

Then again, I tipped Andrew Ukovic for greatness many years ago ago so what the * do I know about it.

Going to be a gun. The players and club really rate him. He's only 6
Months older than parish. His body has just filled out and he is learning his craft.

it's probably the same with every other club, we just don't pay attention to their boards enough to realise it
Possibly, I'd say out of us, Richmond and probably Carlton nobody eats their own better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I don't understand is why people can't remind themselves that yes, he still has plenty of learning to do and things to improve, but that he is 20 at the end of the day. Just 20.

People have to go the full hog and claim he has no good traits, has exploited the system (I mean really slow down and think about how ridiculous that is) and in general some seem to want to magnify any little mistake by many orders of magnitude while completely downplaying the positives.

He absolutely has flaws to work on, but right now he is tracking fine overall. Not every 20 year old can be Zach Merrett.

There does not have to be a whipping boy. Stop looking for one.

There does not have to be a whipping boy. Stop looking for one.
wZIZRWt.jpg

Just another example of a kid who knows how to milk the system. Run for the sake of running to boost his gps numbers. If this was a number of players who played last year they would be not just dropped, but banished to the VFL for months based on his last 2 games.
Holy s**t. Did I just read that you think he "cheats" by running a lot to boost gps numbers with no intent to actually get involved?

Wow. It's a massively high bar, but that might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this entire site, ever

What is it about some people's psychology that they just need a whipping boy?

Must be a certain personality or mindset but I don't get it.

Maybe it's the implication that you can always improve the team with the imaginary player outside the 22 who beats the whipping boy.

No whipping boy might imply you are at max operating capacity

Maybe it's the implication that you can always improve the team with the imaginary player outside the 22 who beats the whipping boy.

No whipping boy might imply you are at max operating capacity

Wxx7qJo.png

Yeah I have not been displeased with his first 2 rounds, I would think we all could have a balanced view on someone who is 20 years old and its the first 2 rounds of the season where we have just added 6-7 experienced players back into the side. Sure, he has under-performed based on what we know he can produce but if he plays his role and there doesn't seem to be anyone knocking down the door to take his spot then we persist. Mind you, when the VFL team is up and running, I don't think any player in the best 22 will be able to afford to have a few down games in a row, because people dominating VFL deserve to come into the team.

Hirdy nearly got the chop early - I think its safe to say the scope for improvement from around this stage is high.

Edit; I remember think Lucus would wind up being the most tackled player in Essendon history early as well - things improve often.

Back