AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton 🥈

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t. Did I just read that you think he "cheats" by running a lot to boost gps numbers with no intent to actually get involved?

Wow. It's a massively high bar, but that might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this entire site, ever
I cheat by eating cheese burgers (I ate 7 and a half in one sitting once) . Don't think I could handle the Langford method

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I would happy if he ended up a 25 possession mid and could float forward and average a couple of marks and shots on goal per game. Hopefully he will use his size to win clearances and hurt the opposition with his i50 kicking and forward craft. He is a beautiful field kick and set shot for goal.

Just low on confidence. It's easy to forget that he is just a third year player and has only played a handful of games. He will take a few more years yet. Supporters develop unrealistic expectations of kids, mainly because we've been spoilt with Heppell and Merrett. Confident Langford will become a very good player

With a few of our half back flank options nearing the end of their careers (kelly, goddard, baguely, stanton) could it be worth trialling him down back? He has the speed, the decision making and ability to take a big grab, and considering he played down back in u18s he'd be familiar with it

With a few of our half back flank options nearing the end of their careers (kelly, goddard, baguely, stanton) could it be worth trialling him down back? He has the speed, the decision making and ability to take a big grab, and considering he played down back in u18s he'd be familiar with it
Didn't realised he played down back. He looks such a natural forward.

I think it might be worth a try for development purposes but long term he looks a mid that rests forward.

He has a natural ability to separate from his opponent and uses his body to shield the ball from the defender. Makes it look very easy.

I think a little patience with Langford because he's not far off it clicking I think.

Didn't realised he played down back. He looks such a natural forward.

I think it might be worth a try for development purposes but long term he looks a mid that rests forward.

He has a natural ability to separate from his opponent and uses his body to shield the ball from the defender. Makes it look very easy.

I think a little patience with Langford because he's not far off it clicking I think.
He doesn't play down back, unless you count one experimental game last year when he played as a defender for a half (more for his own development than for any contribution to the game I'm certain). Rest of your post is spot on (y)

He doesn't play down back, unless you count one experimental game last year when he played as a defender for a half (more for his own development than for any contribution to the game I'm certain). Rest of your post is spot on (y)
Pretty sure he was referring to my comment about him playing down back during some of his U18 career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure he was referring to my comment about him playing down back during some of his U18 career
Ah I see. I didn't read the quote properly. My bad :) I'm pretty certain he hasn't played defence since we drafted him though, so if he was used in that way I'd assume it was to help develop his midfield game. Unless we got a new coach that decided to waste him away in the backline...

I compare Langford with Melksham at the same time of his career - Think Melksham showed a bit more but have no doubt Langford has a higher ceiling.

Really? Two games that stand out to me from Langford last year, the Carlton game that others have mentioned. Probably his best game and he was very good up forward. The other one was the North game at Etihad when we came back in the second half and lost by only a couple of goals. Langford was a big part of the comeback. His presenting & marking up the ground was crucial. Took 2-3 similar marks against the Lions. Lead up forward if i've ever seen one.

Thought those two games he showed more than Melksham ever did.

Langford is tracking fine....he's a twenty year old kid, not sure what people are expecting.

He finds the footy easily enough when he plays mid, generates scoring opportunities relatively consistently when he plays forward, he's 191 cm or so, good physique and runs well - when it all comes together he'll be a good player. Not sure he a star, but certainly a guy who'd be best 22 anywhere in the comp. Think he's played to a reasonable level this year, don't agree with those suggesting he play VFL.

Coaches love him FWIW - heard it first hand from one of the coaching team last week.

He was a deadeye last year. No idea what has happened.
He is back to being a second tier talent with the saviors returning. Looks like his confidence had taken a hit but watch him play back into form against f@$%in Carlton. The kid will be a gun. Just gonna take some time.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Melksham was very promising early - was pretty much as good in his first twenty games as he was in his last 20.

Overstating it, but really he didn't improve significantly over his career.
Never played a better game than the paddling he handed Geelong in his second year.

Really? Two games that stand out to me from Langford last year, the Carlton game that others have mentioned. Probably his best game and he was very good up forward. The other one was the North game at Etihad when we came back in the second half and lost by only a couple of goals. Langford was a big part of the comeback. His presenting & marking up the ground was crucial. Took 2-3 similar marks against the Lions. Lead up forward if i've ever seen one.

Thought those two games he showed more than Melksham ever did.

You must compare a body of work rather than one or two highlights - This is like the McGrath thread all over again.

Melksham was very promising early - was pretty much as good in his first twenty games as he was in his last 20.

Overstating it, but really he didn't improve significantly over his career.

Thanks - That was the point of my post.

Back