AFL Player # 4: Kyle Langford - AA squad, Leading Goalkicker, McKracken Medal, 2nd in Crichton šŸ„ˆ

Kyle is a...

• pure mid

• pure forward

• mid/forward

• forward/mid

• AFL footballer! (and I don't care where he plays)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why the whipping boy line is being run out to deride any criticism.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that Langford's net output has been positive and that it has contributed to the wins?

The best thing that can be said about his games is that he is a talented kid who is getting valuable game time. That's fine, and I support, but let's not pretend that any criticism of his game is so irrational that it has no justification.
It's not being run out to deride all criticism, though.

It gets used when people come up with pearlers like him having no good traits, or that he's milked the system or cheated it or whatever else.

Yes, I seriously am. No where near the scale of other players, but if he was a negative he'd be dropped.

Well you need to learn that the talk about 22 contributors is just spin directed to trying to get the proper attitude from players. Teams regularly carry players.

There is nothing Langford has done that couldn't easily be done by someone else.

It would be a very low benchmark for success for Langford to be retaining a spot based on his performances.

Well you need to learn that the talk about 22 contributors is just spin directed to trying to get the proper attitude from players. Teams regularly carry players.

There is nothing Langford has done that couldn't easily be done by someone else.

It would be a very low benchmark for success for Langford to be retaining a spot based on his performances.

And you need to learn to watch the games and not base them off isolated incidents around the ball or one or two mistakes.

Langford hasn't been play at his best but if there was anyone else who could do his role better they'd be in the side.

The kid went okay last time we played Carlton. Maybe he only plays well against navy s**t trucks

He had been down on expectation so hopefully he puts it together this week, 4 goals is my prediction!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

And you need to learn to watch the games and not base them off isolated incidents around the ball or one or two mistakes.

Langford hasn't been play at his best but if there was anyone else who could do his role better they'd be in the side.

If I'm talking about the "net effect" of Langford's involvement it's pretty clear that I am not taking about single incidents.

I'm not even against Langford's inclusion and I'd continue to carry him until the half way point in the season (at least) if required. I doubtit will be required.

I just didn't think that it was fair to lump all criticism of Langford as though it's just about Langford being the whipping boy (which is the way the last page reads). If you want to convince those who did make ridiculous comments about Langford of his value, pretending that he has been good is probably not the way to start.

Draw attention to the few occasions on the he's freed his arms in tackles to release a teammate or try to focus on his ability to find the ball as a forward (even if it has resulted in what really were inexcusable misses).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back