Senior 43. Ashton Moir

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Ashton actually started the year kicking 4 goals (plus 10 marks including 3 contested) in the sanfl under 18s then another 4 against men in the sanfl reserves, the game he supposedly got injured.

Didn't play another game anything like that for the rest of year. Lends credence to the theory that the injury significantly impacted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that right foot drop punt facing the boundary was crazy
That's where Jack Dyer's line "it got stuck between the posts" comes to mind.

Interesting that Ashton actually started the year kicking 4 goals (plus 10 marks including 3 contested) in the sanfl under 18s then another 4 against men in the sanfl reserves, the game he supposedly got injured.

Didn't play another game anything like that for the rest of year. Lends credence to the theory that the injury significantly impacted him.
Or maybe we asked him to cool his jets.....let the 'injury' linger....

I watched the Moir highlight video off the Carlton website today. Great set of hands.

Also it was real nice hearing the Camporeale name a few times in the video passing it off to him. At least one of those Camporeale boys (not sure which one it was - but jumper number 1) has a brilliant kick on him.

I remember when we recruited Yarran. After our first practice match of the preseason I thought, “That kid is already the most skilful player on the list.”

Moir gives me similar vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Using his own words, “on the straight and narrow now”.
He is an exceptional talent - can’t wait to see him thrive in an AFL environment with strong leaders around him.

After watching a bit of him this year my head says one thing... On the other hand he's a Carlton player now so my heart says he's playing with a top 4 calibre list around him and fits the exact piece we're missing in our forward line as a 3rd marking option with silky skills. Go well Ashton, hoping you can regain the form and power that had you a potential pick 1 prospect coming into 2023.

He looks to have oodles of skill and the footy smarts to get to the right spots and kick goals. Not expecting anything early. Just needs to focus on fitness and build form in the VFL. Can take young players a number of years to build a tank. At AFL level with forwards, unfit guys, young guys etc they most likely get targeted by the good two way running attacking defenders. Work hard on running, focus on being a gun in the VFL, learn the offensive and defensive aspects of the game as a forward and hopefully he gets a few games I'm the AFL after some strong form.

Like these mid size quicker guys who can jump and mark. They make us less predictable.

Keen to see what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back