Delisted #43: Bachar Houli

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's harder at the ball and man and much better as handpassing, the two things I felt really let him down. He is still a fantastic kick, of course.

He's not a champion, so he needs the team playing well around him to shine, but he can have a big impact. I think he uses the footy really well.

Would be a handy depth player but really would be fighting Dempsey and Hibberd for a spot and both are better then him.

Would be a handy depth player but really would be fighting Dempsey and Hibberd for a spot and both are better then him.

Pretty much the crux of it.

Houli's improved a lot since he left us, and all power to him- I don't bare him active ill will, even if I have disliked a couple things he's said since he left.

But if he's against Dempsey and Hibberd- he loses, they're both better than him.

Well stupid Knights let him go to Richmond, where he has played every single game since he joined. Would he still get a spot in our best 22?

Yes. I think he is still overrated and underrated (if that is even possible) but most.

He would slot in as the rotating sub or probably over bag's in a back pocket.. or would release Goddard to play permi HF..

Yes. I think he is still overrated and underrated (if that is even possible) but most.

He would slot in as the rotating sub or probably over bag's in a back pocket.. or would release Goddard to play permi HF..

I'd take Bags over Houli as a shut down defender. Dempsey and Hibberd are better rebound defenders so he'd get a game but only on the bench.

Not a snowflakes chance in hell. If Dyson could not cement a spot it would be well and truly beyond Houli.

Remember that the invitation to stay was extended to basically all players. Almost none of those fringe players are still around.

Yes he would be getting a game. Very one eyed to say otherwise.

Not really. You pick 2 of these 3:

Houli
Dempsey
Hibberd

I'd take Demps and Hibb every day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impossible to say. If he stayed and went well, maybe we didn't draft bagguley? Who knows what could have happened.

Whatever happened to Atkinson? Last I heard he was signing a 2 year deal, never played again?

It depends on whether he could play the defensive shutdown role that Baguley is currently playing. Hibberd/Dempsey are better all round players so they would keep the HBF spots. From what I've seen Houli's defensive play has improved and he has always had better disposal than Baguley. So I'd say on the balance of things he would probably get a spot before Baguley although in terms of team balance I think what we've currently got is really good in terms of player 'types'.

Anyway Hird tried to keep Houli but he was fed up after being kept in the 2's under Knights and he was promised a starting 22 spot at Richmond so not much we could do at that point anyway. Personally I've moved on, glad he's doing well but happy with what we've got in those spots.

It's impossible to say for sure. If he was still here, would be still have drafted Hibberd? possibly, and if we did, would he have staked his claim and developed as he's done.

But, as I said on the MB, we wanted him to be something that he's clearly not, which is an accountable small defender, when he's more a winger tbh.

But, assuming Bachar is exactly the same player he is now, and plugged into our current backline, no he wouldn't. He's not better defensively or offensively than Dempsey, and he's not better defensively than pig (willing to call their offensive work pretty much a wash, because it is Bachar's strength).

Not a chance in hell he'd grab Baugley's spot, there's a reason Morris does all of the lock down jobs and he doesn't.

I'll admit i was disappointing when he left, and how he left, but now not so much, he'd be very very fringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back