Player Watch #43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

Apparently he struggled with injuries last season. From what I have seen this year is a hard at it, composed and skilful defender who has a future ahead of him.
If it means no more menapoo I’m all in on egg

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Must of improved a **** load watched him last year and he struggled
Last year he did not play any footy at all until very late in the season then was played in VFL finals with absolutely nothing behind him. Coming from such a low base, one year out of playing country footy in Sunraysia, pretty unfair. Good to see him coming good. Nice quiet guy.

I know what you mean, but he’s almost unrecognisable compared to last year when I saw him play. So much X factor and is tracking nicely.
Happy thats the case just thought after last season he would be delisted because he looked like he’d struggle at local footy. Well done to egg to get back and be a chance for games credit to him

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Happy thats the case just thought after last season he would be delisted because he looked like he’d struggle at local footy. Well done to egg to get back and be a chance for games credit to him
Oh yeah he is heaps better than last year. He’s only behind Naish for a senior debut in my opinion and has clearly worked hard to improve

aislegi

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Deggs will get a few games later this year

We really need to recruit someone called Fowler so that the selection decision can come down to the chicken or the
image.png

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Oh yeah he is heaps better than last year. He’s only behind Naish for a senior debut in my opinion and has clearly worked hard to improve
He’s always had it and it has been posted in here late 2017. Last year was just an injury written off year, but the club managed him to get him where he is today. He’s a classy footballer and has a nice leap on him. If he gets his endurance up and pace he’ll be a tremendous prospect for us .

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s always had it and it has been posted in here late 2017. Last year was just an injury written off year, but the club managed him to get him where he is today. He’s a classy footballer and has a nice leap on him. If he gets his endurance up and pace he’ll be a tremendous prospect for us .
If he can come in and pay to the level could allow us to push Stacky into the midfield , will get a chance soon . Is he a good overhead mark ?

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
If he can come in and pay to the level could allow us to push Stacky into the midfield , will get a chance soon . Is he a good overhead mark ?
His marking was probably his strength in 2017 and the last time I saw him live was in the VFL Final last year when he was first up from a long lay off. It seems though from reports above that he’s got his pace back and is living up to his early promise.

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
His marking was probably his strength in 2017 and the last time I saw him live was in the VFL Final last year when he was first up from a long lay off. It seems though from reports above that he’s got his pace back and is living up to his early promise.
He had shin splints last year so it was virtually a write off year.
That left foot kick would be a huge upgrade on Ellis kicking the ball into the forward line from the wing .
Naish on the other wing ,Kmac back too halfback ,Stack onto the ball when jis fitness allows .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the Beatles said it best....He is the Egg-Man, he is the Walrus coo-coo-ca-choo........

Back