Player Watch #43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I wouldn't of been against eggy playing this week honestly
Getting mentioned by Dimma,So he's getting closer which is great to hear.
Be great but could you imagine if all our indigenous players on our list all played in the seniors which may happen.:thumbsu:

Last edited:

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Do you rate him?? I haven’t seen much of him
He's a good mover. Covers the ground really well and is very balanced. Has always had a fair bit of confidence in his agility to get himself out of tight spots, ie not a panic merchant, and has a very sweet left foot. Seems to have added a fair bit of aggression which he needed to. I remember watching him play basketball as a kid and his balance and agility really stood out.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Do you rate him?? I haven’t seen much of him
Yes. He’s basically lost a year in his development, but signs were there in 17. Looks to have come back faster and stronger so I’m on his side to pounce on Menadue if he fails again. This is a perfect year to look at your list to see who will make it and who will not .Fortunately the Egg is not hard boiled yet.

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes. He’s basically lost a year in his development, but signs were there in 17. Looks to have come back faster and stronger so I’m on his side to pounce on Menadue if he fails again. This is a perfect year to look at your list to see who will make it and who will not .Fortunately the Egg is not hard boiled yet.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Guru and other regular VFL watchers- how quick is this dude? Are we taking Rioli/ Stack like speed?
I’ve watched him a bit but haven’t really noticed.
Reason I ask is that it’ll be a big bonus at AFL level if he’s got that extra yard to go with that long left foot (and improved contested ball).

Has great hands, an accurate kick and great balance combined with good pace. Has come on in leaps and bounds since he was first drafted. Should be in line for a senior birth this year IMHO. A keeper.

Is he competing for the same spot as Markov?.... Cos atm it's starting to sound like Eggmolesse-smith is becoming the player I think they thought Markov may have become> Having said that markov has had a rotten run with injuries & consistent game time...

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Guru and other regular VFL watchers- how quick is this dude? Are we taking Rioli/ Stack like speed?
I’ve watched him a bit but haven’t really noticed.
Reason I ask is that it’ll be a big bonus at AFL level if he’s got that extra yard to go with that long left foot (and improved contested ball).
From what I’ve seen of him that’s not how he plays , more evasive than using his leg speed , like Maurice Rioli gets clear and uses that piercing left foot

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
All Hail The Egg. Good luck young fella for never giving up and fighting your way back from a long road of injuries.
Can’t wait to see you crack the opposition with your speed leap and poise. A real Tiger is one that never stops fighting and continues to believe.

Last edited:

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Barrett showing his footy nous here.

Hoping the Egg kicks 3..... He's a defender
Screenshot_20190705-084619.jpg

O_Grinners17

All Australian
Sep 15, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Barrett showing his footy nous here.

Hoping the Egg kicks 3..... He's a defender View attachment 703411

Well at least he was honest. When I saw the team yesterday I nearly fell off my chair. I've been a huge fan of eggy ever since he walked in and I reckon if he plays well on the weekend its inevitable that he becomes a cult figure with a name like that.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Well at least he was honest. When I saw the team yesterday I nearly fell off my chair. I've been a huge fan of eggy ever since he walked in and I reckon if he plays well on the weekend its inevitable that he becomes a cult figure with a name like that.
Your prolly right! :thumbsu:
Watched The Front Bar last night and some rock Band had a song about the bumbers Tip and woody...

If he can have a song about him what chance the egg?!?!

Back