AFLW Player # 5: Georgia Nanscawen (LG) 🏅🏅🏅- SEN interview - 10/11

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Georgia, captain of the Essendon VFLW team, winner of the competition’s best & fairest award (Lambert-Pearce Medal).

Amazingly only came 10th in the club’s best & fairest.

Bring on the AFLW Bombers!

There is something very strange going on there - she was hands down BOG in most games, absolutely should have been club B'n'F

Jumper presentation for 2022 - heritage logo!

I know we have a VFLW thread for her, but this news deserves it's own thread in the main Essendon board.

Congratulations to the 2021 VFLW League Best and Fairest, our VFLW co-captain, former Hockeyroo and awesome 'Ranga, GEORGIA NANSCAWEN on being the first AFLW signing for the greatest football club in the known universe!

Get the f*** around her people!!!

“Georgia epitomises everything an Essendon footballer represents. Over the past three years, she has shown her dedication and commitment to the club while continuing to improve her football and drive standards within our VFLW program,” Mahoney said.

“As captain of our VFLW side for the past two years, Georgia has led by example with her on-field performances and has contributed strongly to our football program’s inclusive and supportive culture.”

“I’ve found my place at Essendon and I am so proud and humbled to sign with our inaugural AFLW side. The coaching staff and playing group have put a lot of faith in me and helped me immensely in developing as a footballer and leader,” Nanscawen said.

“Since joining the club, I have been forward in saying Essendon is where I want to be. This club has such a proud history, and to have the opportunity to play AFLW for the Bombers in our inaugural side is pretty amazing.

“I cannot speak more highly of the women’s program at the Bombers and I can’t wait to see what we achieve in the future.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back