#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't know he was. I guess we'll find out in today's player update. I think he'll be up today.
Haven't heard a thing about Kent being hurt

I didn't know he was. I guess we'll find out in today's player update. I think he'll be up today.
Haven't heard a thing about Kent being hurt

His player report doesnt sound like it?

Dean Kent

Kenty has still got that scintillating speed and game breaking tendencies. He’s a year older now and maturing. We think we’ve got a really good player, who will drive some elements of our game style better than anyone. He’s on his way.

Are you a mod now
I think so. In a way. Hence the light blue name for a period rather than traditional navy. I think that operates as a training wheels opportunity for the new mod, plus a kind of buyer cool-off period where you can return a faulty product to the factory.

I think so. In a way. Hence the light blue name for a period rather than traditional navy. I think that operates as a training wheels opportunity for the new mod, plus a kind of buyer cool-off period where you can return a faulty product to the factory.

Congratulations, Rising Star, POTY then Mod in the space of a year? That is climbing Mario vs Donkey Kong style

Hes always been a sick son of a bitch though
I think the fact that he is kind of here one day gone the next gives his material even more significance. Which means it's somehow planned that way. Should probably also have a badge of some description for best 'like' troll lurker of all time. I don't know why we don't have some kind of award for that because it's a pretty decent skill in the hands of an artist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact that he is kind of here one day gone the next gives his material even more significance. Which means it's somehow planned that way. Should probably also have a badge of some description for best 'like' troll lurker of all time. I don't know why we don't have some kind of award for that because it's a pretty decent skill in the hands of an artist.
Economy of words is certainly his plan of attack, or he actually has something better to do than post on here all the time like us
I prefer to think he works away writing down his jokes then scrunching them up and piffing them over his shoulder like a frustrated designer

I think one of your jobs is to stop trolling though to be fair

Economy of words is certainly his plan of attack, or he actually has something better to do than post on here all the time like us
I prefer to think he works away writing down his jokes then scrunching them up and piffing them over his shoulder like a frustrated designer

I think one of your jobs is to stop trolling though to be fair
Yeah I kind of thought of that exactly as I posted. I think that I used the word troll for lack of a better word for his particular brand of like lurking days after the game day comment meltdown. It always appears to me more like a sophisticated form of banter.

It's philosophical quandaries like this which will make me eternally light blue:(

I'm probably also meant to discourage derailing with tangents (I may possibly be the top offender around) so...

James Harmes! Top guy! Can't even remember why this thread was bumped because I focussed on the alleged Kent injury thing and my mind went blank. Why was this bumped? Did McCartney get to him in one of his player update thingies?

Reckon he's been ok this year Harmes.
Unsure what his disposal efficiency would be but for me he passes the eye test, runs hard and looks to be kicking it really well.
His kick out in front of Watts was a thing of beauty - harden than it looks to put a perfect drop punt out in front of a guy when both you and him are running full tilt.
He did it again on the weekend to set up ANB.
Kick that 5m short and the bloke has to slow up then risk getting caught.
I like what he's doing and have him ahead of a few others atm.

Reckon he's been ok this year Harmes.
Unsure what his disposal efficiency would be but for me he passes the eye test, runs hard and looks to be kicking it really well.
His kick out in front of Watts was a thing of beauty - harden than it looks to put a perfect drop punt out in front of a guy when both you and him are running full tilt.
He did it again on the weekend to set up ANB.
Kick that 5m short and the bloke has to slow up then risk getting caught.
I like what he's doing and have him ahead of a few others atm.

I like the eye test description. Isn't brilliant at any one thing but doesn't have any huge weaknesses either. Good standard footballer for the bottom half of your 22

I like the eye test description. Isn't brilliant at any one thing but doesn't have any huge weaknesses either. Good standard footballer for the bottom half of your 22
Yeah certainly agree he will never be a star but what makes a good team is your bottom 5-10 players.
If they can all play a role like him, ANB, Bugg, Stretch, Hannan then that starts to make a massive difference.
In years gone by we had blokes like Matt Jones, Terlich, Ben Newton, Bail, Michie in the side. You cannot carry 3-4 s**t trucks these days and we do not have that.
We've got a list of probably 30-34 blokes who can genuinely offer something when they get a crack.

He's going at 75.4%, which I'm really happy with.

He's a good solid role player, and is playing it really well at the moment, but as schmuttt said, he does need to start converting his chances at goal a bit more tho. Kicked 9.8 from his 8 games, so happy with the 9, but make that 13.4 and it's a hell of a lot more impressive.

I think he's on the cusp of being quite the player/

He's built up a bit, got a lot of strength in his core and not afraid to give a fend off. Got great athleticism, can jump for a mark, apply great pressure. and is a man playing with confidence. He's just about a lock for me and I think he's only going to get better.

Also his kicking is not as bad as I thought. I am sure I am not the only person who was surprised he nailed that set shot v the Eagles late on. I had penciled that in for a behind.

Ticks all boxes as satisfactory and a few as 'quite good' (marking, pressure).

Comfortably in the bottom end of our best 22. With some improved goal kicking accuracy he would actually be considered as having a bit of a purple patch right now.

Onya Horse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back