Player Watch #43 Lewis Melican - All Aboard the Melicopter...aka The Melican Brief

Remove this Banner Ad

mZtLLjGh.jpg

Lewis Melican

Player Profile

Lewis Melican is a young key defender with enormous promise. The Victorian was rookie-listed by the Sydney Swans in November 2014 and enjoyed a breakthrough 2017 season en route to winning the club’s Rising Star award. He kept St Kilda great Nick Riewoldt to just 10 possessions and one goal in Round 18 to claim an AFL Rising Star nomination. Melican has battled a number of injuries in his time in red and white but didn’t suffer any setbacks in 2019. Draft history: 2015 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 52.

Lewis Melican

DOB: 04 November 1996
DEBUT:2015
DRAFT:2017
RECRUITED FROM: Birregurra (Vic)/Geelong U18

Last edited:
Apparently on the trip to Coffs, Melican accidentally left his bag behind and had to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe. The boys have all been teasing him about his big bill.

A wonderful player is Melican.
His beak can hold more than his belly can.
He can hold in his beak
Enough food for a week!
But I'll be darned if I know how the hellican?

I hope you were suspended for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome news. Great young player!!!

Was worried that Geelong might have tried to lure him home....

Full credit to our development coaches that we can develop young palyers like Mellican, Marsh, Allir, etc..... in the NEAFL and they are ready for the seniors before too long. I am keeping an eye on Murray, Maibaum and Dawson in the current NEAFL squad. There are others. Am still not giving up on Rose and Foote either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back