Player Watch #43 Lewis Melican - All Aboard the Melicopter...aka The Melican Brief

mZtLLjGh.jpg

Lewis Melican

Player Profile

Lewis Melican is a young key defender with enormous promise. The Victorian was rookie-listed by the Sydney Swans in November 2014 and enjoyed a breakthrough 2017 season en route to winning the club’s Rising Star award. He kept St Kilda great Nick Riewoldt to just 10 possessions and one goal in Round 18 to claim an AFL Rising Star nomination. Melican has battled a number of injuries in his time in red and white but didn’t suffer any setbacks in 2019. Draft history: 2015 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 52.

Lewis Melican

DOB: 04 November 1996
DEBUT:2015
DRAFT:2017
RECRUITED FROM: Birregurra (Vic)/Geelong U18

Last edited:

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
On the back of my success with the Luke Parker hype thread, I bring you my next Nostradamus moment:
B4ENOhVCMAAEctk.jpg

This kid is a gun. Was he good in the intraclub? Yes. Wasn't TDL better? Yes, and?
Did I confuse him for Hewett more than once? None of your business.

Avoid embarrassment and get on board this unstoppable steam-wagon now.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
He does look a little like George Hewett

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Sounds like a pretty good selection. This year at least one of X.Richards, Aliir, Melican or McLaren really needs to step up as I suspect by the finals in 2015 one of them will be in the best 22, or at least will be needed in the best 22.

dangle

Team Captain
Nov 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, OKC Thunder
I have an automatic distrust of any male that is good looking. I assume they have made a deal with the devil at some point and are naturally evil :p

Hopefully he made a deal with the devil to be an unbeatable key defender for us over the next 10 years! :thumbsu:

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
The Melicopter would be so painfully poor to have as a nickname. I sincerely hope a Swans player is watching this thread so they can adopt it quick smart.

I like these rookies doe. Melican, McLaren and Newman. I reckon all three are going to be around for a while.

I have an automatic distrust of any male that is good looking. I assume they have made a deal with the devil at some point and are naturally evil :p

I would be the most trustworthy guy in existence then.

Oh and all aboard the Melicopter for the joyride

Back