Player Watch #43 Lewis Melican - All Aboard the Melicopter...aka The Melican Brief

mZtLLjGh.jpg

Lewis Melican

Player Profile

Lewis Melican is a young key defender with enormous promise. The Victorian was rookie-listed by the Sydney Swans in November 2014 and enjoyed a breakthrough 2017 season en route to winning the club’s Rising Star award. He kept St Kilda great Nick Riewoldt to just 10 possessions and one goal in Round 18 to claim an AFL Rising Star nomination. Melican has battled a number of injuries in his time in red and white but didn’t suffer any setbacks in 2019. Draft history: 2015 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 52.

Lewis Melican

DOB: 04 November 1996
DEBUT:2015
DRAFT:2017
RECRUITED FROM: Birregurra (Vic)/Geelong U18

Last edited:

Sketi

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2011
depreston
AFL Club
Sydney
On the back of my success with the Luke Parker hype thread, I bring you my next Nostradamus moment:
B4ENOhVCMAAEctk.jpg

This kid is a gun. Was he good in the intraclub? Yes. Wasn't TDL better? Yes, and?
Did I confuse him for Hewett more than once? None of your business.

Avoid embarrassment and get on board this unstoppable steam-wagon now.
OP checks out.

Well done to the Pelican, he is already a cult hero for me just on his name. It's crazy how well you guys go with Rookies and it looks like you have another gem here
Cheers, mate! Yes, it really is crazy about our rookies! Must be an excellent program with really good support staff. I know of no other team that even comes close to our output from rookies.

Well done to the Pelican, he is already a cult hero for me just on his name. It's crazy how well you guys go with Rookies and it looks like you have another gem here
Have you seen the tribute website someone has set up for him? Check out "It's Lewis Melican, not Lewis Melican't" on facebook.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Finally, Trump tweets something that makes sense. ;)

20246180_1931460583785305_5357571469508767614_n.jpg

Last edited:
Against St Kilda he was starting to really take the opposition players on and run with the ball... His confidence is growing

To be fair he did that a bit in his first game against the Saints ten weeks ago. He's been a pretty confident player from debut. Went from limbo at the club last year to being our best first year player, so he's resilient too

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
With apologies etc......

Who can take out Roughead, Taylor Walker too
Cover Joey Daniher and stick to Lynch like glue
The Melican, oh the Melican can
The Melican can 'cause he plays the game with heart and still he looks so good

Who can take Nick Riewoldt, cousin Jack as well
Give it to Ben Brown and make a Demon forward smell
The Melican, the Melican can

Oh, who can take tomorrow, Reg is almost done
Organise the defence and cover for Aliir’s run

Last edited:
With apologies etc......

The Melican makes everything he bakes satisfying and delicious
Now you talk about your childhood wishes, you can even eat the dishes

Reported.

With apologies etc......

The Melican makes everything he bakes satisfying and delicious
Now you talk about your childhood wishes, you can even eat the dishes

Do a haiku

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/young-swan-plays-to-his-strengths/

“It’s important to know that he worked bloody hard in the pre-season this year,” Jack added.

“He made the decision to come back up to Sydney three or four weeks earlier than what was required. He continually asked me to go for a kick or a run with him.

“He knew he had to work on his fitness, that was one of things he was told to improve on, and went out of his way to seek out people who were around.

“I would’ve been running with him three times per week and doing kicking sessions almost every day — so he worked as hard as anyone and it’s paying off now.”

Melican identified a need to improve his kicking skills in the off-season and sought out Rhyce Shaw to help. He’s also become a louder presence on the ground — something which he needed to further develop.

Hmm getting BJ and Shaw to help with your kicking o_O

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/young-swan-plays-to-his-strengths/

“It’s important to know that he worked bloody hard in the pre-season this year,” Jack added.

“He made the decision to come back up to Sydney three or four weeks earlier than what was required. He continually asked me to go for a kick or a run with him.

“He knew he had to work on his fitness, that was one of things he was told to improve on, and went out of his way to seek out people who were around.

“I would’ve been running with him three times per week and doing kicking sessions almost every day — so he worked as hard as anyone and it’s paying off now.”

Melican identified a need to improve his kicking skills in the off-season and sought out Rhyce Shaw to help. He’s also become a louder presence on the ground — something which he needed to further develop.

Hmm getting BJ and Shaw to help with your kicking o_O

Weeeellll, he probably singled them out, said if I study what they actually do and then not do that I might be on a winner here.

Either that or he is insane.

I love this kid.

A gun already.

Back