AFL Club
North Melbourne
marcuswhite-1.jpg

Name: Marcus White
Height: 185cm
Weight: 85kg
Recruited From: Calder Cannons
Draft History: Pick 9 in the 2008 Rookie Draft

Marcus White is a defender who kicks the ball exceptionally well. He plays with strength & power and displays all the attributes to develop into a quality midfielder.

White broke his leg earlier in the year playing for the Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup which put him out of contention for selection with Vic Metro but recovered strongly late in the year, kicking six goals in a match against the Eastern Ranges.

Re: 43. Marcus White

Thought this player the standout among a handy looking bunch of young guys at training yesterday (21.01).
Worked hard, slick ball handler and continually encouraged and helped out his mates. Very impressive.
This photo must have been taken a while ago though.

Thought this player the standout among a handy looking bunch of young guys at training yesterday (21.01).
Worked hard, slick ball handler and continually encouraged and helped out his mates. Very impressive.
I seen a picture of him from training on the 16th and he was a lot more solid then what he is above. I think i recall reading a story on him..i think. where he was a standout player until he broke his leg? Might have got a bargain

When I went to training on the 16th, 1 thing i could say about this bloke is he looks like a real goer in terms of his work ethic and as you said has slick ball handling.

Got a word from within close inner sources that White will be a revelation moreso than the other drafted players. How the heck do clubs overlook younger types... just to save $$$ so they can rookie them :rolleyes:

All bodes well for North.. watch White-Hot! :thumbsu:

Marcus was good today. found a bit of the ball and generally used it well. showed good composure around stoppages and went alright. looks like he is one of those blokes who just keeps getting the footy. good on him!

anyone got any recent info on white ie has he been playing vfl or vfl ressies and what positions and stats is he getting?

hes not miles off it but he needs to be elevated off the rookie list and cruize garlett would be ahead of him at the moment

Has been playing well in the magoos, would love to see him elevated for Tarrant/Warren and playing out the season in the ones, we can't make the finals anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read this in the True North magazine.

That is a very exciting prediction and I can't wait to see him turned into another tagger. :thumbsdown:

I have read some good things about him on this forum, and from all reports he is having a good first up season, playing against men.

Could someone please give me a quick summary of what kind of player he is, his strengths and weaknesses and an example of AFL player he is most likely to become.

What are his prospects for elevation, given our well known midfield shortcomings...? A question to regular VFL watchers.
Would appreciate the feedback.

it does sound like hes having a great year

i havent seen a lot of him but they are trying to make him into a tagger... :thumbsdown:

in the latest north magazine it says something like "who knows? he might be the next brady rawlings"

that is disappointing to hear because from what i have read he was more of a ball winning midfielder as a junior and surely we have enough players who can tag :thumbsdown:

it does sound like hes having a great year

i havent seen a lot of him but they are trying to make him into a tagger... :thumbsdown:

in the latest north magazine it says something like "who knows? he might be the next brady rawlings"

that is disappointing to hear because from what i have read he was more of a ball winning midfielder as a junior and surely we have enough players who can tag :thumbsdown:
It's only a matter of time until Wells and Ziebell are unleashed as a tag team extraordinare. You can never have too many tags.

How funny is this club atm. The role Daly plays at North surely has to come under scrutiny similar to the JYD role.
Midfielders need a minimum 1 of three things as of round 22

1 Speed
2 Hardness
3 Creativity/Dynamics

The 2 guys that dont have any of these things are Pwr, Rwls.
Sloppy handball begins with these guys.

I just think its a shame that Crocker hasn't given a game to a player like White.

He has been playing good footy at Nth Ballarat, yet we persist with players who have struggled (Power, Harris, Rawlings, Firrito).

The only conclusion I can come to is that we are trying to save some dollars by not elevating him?

I've seen him play this year, its hard to liken him to anyone, he is a hard it midfielder who works very hard off the ball. Lays alot of tackles, shepards, is always blocking or doing something. IMO he has excellent ball skills by foot, lacks a little bit on his opposite side, but he has got alot better throughout the year. He should not be used as a tagger, he has too much potential, will be an excellent footballer for this club

Yeah I keep hearing he's amongst the best most weeks. I don't know why Jones, Power and Harro are getting games over Josh Smith, Wundke, Ross, Lower and Garlett, and potentially White. Maybe they are trying to get some trade interest in the older guys. But I'd rather see some youthful excitement in the team.

I've seen him play this year, its hard to liken him to anyone, he is a hard it midfielder who works very hard off the ball. Lays alot of tackles, shepards, is always blocking or doing something. IMO he has excellent ball skills by foot, lacks a little bit on his opposite side, but he has got alot better throughout the year. He should not be used as a tagger, he has too much potential, will be an excellent footballer for this club

This will delay his selection:)

Hi

I am very excited about Marcus White and I can't wait to see him play in the AFL next yr.

I heard a whisper today that if he didn't break his leg and battle other injuries last year when he captained the Calder Cannons he would have been a top 10 draft pick and possibly the #1 pick :eek:. After seeing him in the VFL GF and witnessing other highlights from his year this does not surprise me at all.

He can play anywhere on the ground but will probably start out in defence and eventually become a dominant midfielder of the AFL. :footy:

Good chance that he will finish top 3 in the Rising Star award next year along with Ziebell and Warren.

Anyone else looking forward to his AFL debut? I know u are a big fan DR :thumbsu:.

244106_1_O.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back