Past #43: Sam Gibson - #63 '12 RD - 130 consec. NM games (club record) - NM --> ADL for pk91 '17 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

When Sam Gibson is the 23rd player picked we will have improved out of sight. None of us, even TOD will be upset at that time because we'll be so drunk from winning 20 games straight to start the year that we won't even know what day it is. I won't be holding my breath waiting for that time though.

Cracking post. You're a good Egga.

That said, I'm predicting that you'll still see some sad cases getting their farcical on by leaving him out of their predicted 'Round 1, 2017' sides.

But then if the last week has taught us anything, some people on here don't even football. Let alone Gibbo.

Absolute crap, I've launched an inquiry into the voting system.

in saying that he was good this year, for a cat.

Absolute crap, I've launched an inquiry into the voting system.

in saying that he was good this year, for a cat.

Whether we agree or disagree with your assessment or not, it's largely irrelevant. No premiership team in history has not had role players and journeyman. You could put Sam Gibson in any premiership team of the last few years as the 22nd picked and I have no doubt whatsoever that he would have held his own. Like others have said, when he gets overtaken he (should if the Match Committee rediscover the lost art of dropping senior players) will lose his place, we're not at that point.

Blindly defending the indefensible is sad enough mate. Don't sell yourself short.

In the words of Toto, "it's going to take a lot to drag me away from (trade week)
There's nothing that a (semi coward m*d)could ever do, I guess Gibbo came 3rd in the bnf again, gonna take some time to do the (flakka) I never had".

Didn't want to derail the Trade thread, so moved this over here.

Yes, blindly defending the indefensible, etc. Yawn. And of course, it's just me and me alone doing that.

In fact, when we talk about Gibbo's abilities, not enough mention is made of his powers of hypnosis. His ability to hoodwink a whole bunch of people at the elite level of the sport into thinking he isn't a complete and utter spud is certainly a thing to behold. From the coaching staff to selection committee to his fellow teammates, he's got everyone fooled. It's quite the phenomenon.

Check out this comment from Josh Drummond from Gibbo's 2016 review on the North website....

“It was his best year for us, and he’s underrated in terms of the role he plays for us and how important he is. His run and off the ball things that you don’t see are big for us. He’s always an option for us when we get the footy and he’s able to hit the scoreboard. His defensive side of the game, in being able to run with the best runners of the opposition, adds another area to our midfield. He’s so consistent in the way he trains, prepares and plays, so he’ll set a very good example for the younger players.”

Just another victim of Gibbo's mind-tricks.

Luckily a few savvy punters from Bigfooty are onto him. And I'd back in their take on Gibbo over all those other people I mentioned any day of the week.

Didn't want to derail the Trade thread, so moved this over here.

Yes, blindly defending the indefensible, etc. Yawn. And of course, it's just me and me alone doing that.

In fact, when we talk about Gibbo's abilities, not enough mention is made of his powers of hypnosis. His ability to hoodwink a whole bunch of people at the elite level of the sport into thinking he isn't a complete and utter spud is certainly a thing to behold. From the coaching staff to selection committee to his fellow teammates, he's got everyone fooled. It's quite the phenomenon.

Check out this comment from Josh Drummond from Gibbo's 2016 review on the North website....

“It was his best year for us, and he’s underrated in terms of the role he plays for us and how important he is. His run and off the ball things that you don’t see are big for us. He’s always an option for us when we get the footy and he’s able to hit the scoreboard. His defensive side of the game, in being able to run with the best runners of the opposition, adds another area to our midfield. He’s so consistent in the way he trains, prepares and plays, so he’ll set a very good example for the younger players.”

Just another victim of Gibbo's mind-tricks.

Luckily a few savvy punters from Bigfooty are onto him. And I'd back in their take on Gibbo over all those other people I mentioned any day of the week.

I've said I would prefer him to Caddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless he can kick better than his dad, pass

Oh cool. Now get out, so people can actually congratulate the bloke rather than shitting on him like in every other bloody thread.

Hook line and sinker

Nah mate, it's really getting old. What was the point of that comment? Another chance to pot shot a NMFC player.

It's trolling his own supporters/posters to get a rise out of them and it's boring as batshit. A simple solution would be a thread ban. Hmmmmmmm..........

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Gibbo on Sebastian's arrival. TOD's on nappy changing and bottle duty tonight so the parents can get a well earned rest. Just joking mate, or am I?

In all seriouslyness this is great news. Gibbo showing the way both on bed field and off.

Hook line and sinker

Score one for Arjen's lap-dog. You criminal mastermind, you.

I was going to say that I probably wouldn't have gone with fessing up myself because it tends to give the Mods a clear 'in' to (in the words of a warm and fuzzy guy named Negan) "shut that s**t down", but it appears TT is right across it already.

Oh, and....

May as well do it in the relevant thread

Hook line and sinker.

It's trolling his own supporters/posters to get a rise out of them and it's boring as batshit. A simple solution would be a thread ban. Hmmmmmmm..........
65420598.jpg

Phillyroo i wonder if he'll peg balls at his own kid during poison ball at a family day in the next few years
What's funny is his mrs normally sits just near us at games.... I could get one back on him and trip Little Sebastian up in the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back