Number: 43

Height: 197cm

Weight: 92kg

D.O.B: 29/04/1993

Debut: Round 14 2012 VS Adelaide

2012 Games: 1

Career Games: 1

Bio...

A member of the 14th intake of the AIS/AFL Academy. He has the ability to cleanly gather the ball below his knees and dispose effectively. He is an outstanding athlete, recording 2.93 seconds in the 20m sprint and 89cm in the running vertical jump test, placing him in the top 1 per cent at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.
What the club says...

Todd had a solid year in 2011, without probably reaching the heights reflective of his talent.
He split his time between Dandenong, Vic Country and the AIS, and lacked continuity with some injury and illness issues. He still showcased his talent with some dominant games as a leading forward and ruckman.
He is super clean below his knees for a tall player, and will stay involved in the game at ground level with his forward pressure and recovery skills.
We are pleased to add Todd to our exciting batch of young key position players and feel over time he has the elite traits to make a real impact at AFL level.

[youtube]rlRFuo3MsxM[/youtube]

[youtube]eqZOAbyr0NM[/youtube]

[youtube]p2S-ASgCbnE[/youtube]

Todd Elton taken by Tigers

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126490/default.aspx

Richmond has added another tall marking forward/ruck option to its playing list, selecting Todd Elton with its second pick in the 2011 National Draft.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126490/default.aspx

Draft: what the Tigers say

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126469/default.aspx

We went for big Todd because we think he's got AFL attributes all over him.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126469/default.aspx

Todd Elton

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101781/default.aspx

Kevin Sheehan says: Tall forward and ruckman who is very athletic and strong both overhead and at ground level. Averaged 12 disposals with 4 marks, 2 tackles in the TAC Cup matches this year and also represented Vic Country in the AFL U18s.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101781/default.aspx

Tiger Todd's top preparation.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126982/default.aspx

The polite, well-spoken 18-year-old has played football for Frankston High School, four different junior clubs - Tyabb, Frankston Dolphins, Somerville and Dandenong Stingrays - represented Vic Metro, as well as Vic Country, and has been through the AIS program, where he was mentored by the likes of AFL greats Michael O’Loughlin, Tom Harley, Matthew Lloyd and Brett Kirk.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126982/default.aspx

Haha mate was telling me about it last night. He spoke to Todd and apparently he touched up Nahas but then went onto Dustin Martin and got absolutely thumped by him. :p

Haha from Nahas to Dusty, talk about building him up only to knock him down again haha.

Promising, young Richmond tall forward, Todd Elton, had a brief taste of senior league football in his 2012 debut season, and he’s hungry for more in 2013.

Elton, in collaboration with the Tigers’ new development coach, Mark Williams, is aiming to add considerably to the one game he managed during season 2012, against Adelaide at AAMI Stadium in Round 14.

“One aim I set with ‘Choco’ was to get 10 games-plus. So, I’m going to keep working hard on the training track and try and impress as much as I can, to push for selection,” he said.

The Roar is Back in 2013, become a member today.

Although Elton had only four disposals in his sole AFL appearance, he thoroughly enjoyed the experience and believes it will hold him in good stead for the 2013 season.

“It was definitely exciting times getting to run out there with the jumper on and hearing the crowd roar . . . I was a little bit quiet on the day, but expect better things in 2013. It’s definitely helped my confidence,” he said.

The 197cm, 97kg, 19-year-old, made strong progress throughout the 2012 season at VFL level with Coburg, impressing with his athleticism and aerial ability.

“Coburg was definitely a massive development for me. Even getting to know new faces and meet new people was a good thing. It was also important in terms of starting to click on to the structures and how we play, and getting confidence up playing at that level,” Elton said.

Elton’s preparations for his second season of league football have revolved heavily around building up his body.

“Ever since the off-season, I had to be in the gym four times a week, so it’s been pretty full-on,” he said. “Even with the nutritionist, Kylie, she’s got me eating as much as I can.

“It’s been pretty much all about weight gain for me . . . it’s been good.”

Practice match March 17 for Coburg v Werribee

Kicked a goal and only took a couple of marks. Very tough conditions (wet and windy) for KPF's so not unexpected. Seems to have filled out into a pretty solid physique since last year. One thing I thought was that he looks super fit. Ran hard most of the day. However, he was told off a few times for being out of position by the bench which was disappointing. Did a little bit of ruck (be it only a handful of ruck contests) work in the second half when Derickx went off and actually looked quite impressive.

How many AFL games is he likely to play this year? I'd love to see him force his way in sooner rather than later

On the evidence from just a few practice matches so far this year I think he will be lucky to play any games at all, mainly beacause if Mcguane keeps up his form he will play seniors all year. I would have thought that if one of the 3 staring KPF's were injured then Edwards would be next in line for a game. He has looked more dangerous as a forward this year.
Elton hasn't set the world on fire yet in the few practice matches played so far, so will need to play some really good games this year for Coburg (obviously)
On the bright side, Elton looks like he has almost matured into a man's body, just a couple more years in the gym and he will get there. He also looks really fit, running strongly. His kicking also seems to have improved. Last year it was pretty awful but in the few games he has managed this year it seems to have improved quite a bit.

On the evidence from just a few practice matches so far this year I think he will be lucky to play any games at all, mainly beacause if Mcguane keeps up his form he will play seniors all year. I would have thought that if one of the 3 staring KPF's were injured then Edwards would be next in line for a game. He has looked more dangerous as a forward this year.
Elton hasn't set the world on fire yet in the few practice matches played so far, so will need to play some really good games this year for Coburg (obviously)
On the bright side, Elton looks like he has almost matured into a man's body, just a couple more years in the gym and he will get there. He also looks really fit, running strongly. His kicking also seems to have improved. Last year it was pretty awful but in the few games he has managed this year it seems to have improved quite a bit.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbsu: hopefully he can build some form and at least put some pressure on McGuane

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how Todd Elton performed at VFL level in last Sunday’s season-opening win against Sandringham

Provided a great leading option up forward all day. Took more marks than he had in previous games and contributed well on the scoreboard with three goals. Exciting for the Club to see him playing like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how Todd Elton performed at VFL level in last Sunday’s round 3 game against Northern Blues

Provided a really good target up forward, with his strong leads and strong hands. A breakout game from him is not far away

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at VFL level in last Saturday’s loss to the Box Hill Hawks.

Todd Elton
Presented well on the lead early, but failed to impact the game on a consistent basis.

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at VFL level in last Saturday’s victory over Essendon

Was moved to the backline and played his role well. Took a few chop-out marks and produced a couple of good defensive spoils. Is continuing to work on the defensive side of his game

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at VFL level in last Saturday’s victory over Essendon

Was moved to the backline and played his role well. Took a few chop-out marks and produced a couple of good defensive spoils. Is continuing to work on the defensive side of his game

With our history of taking forwards and moving them back, I'm a little worried about this move.

Hopefully it's just a game or two to work on his versatility and defensive skills.

It is annoying how we seem to move everybody into the backline, but I've always felt that it would be Elton's best position.

It is annoying how we seem to move everybody into the backline, but I've always felt that it would be Elton's best position.

Annoying to say the least. Having said that I'm pretty sure that Elton was playing at CHB in the U/18's. The only worry is that his kicking might be a liability coming out of the backline.

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at VFL level in last Saturday’s loss to Werribee

Had some good contests, playing on one of Werribee’s key forwards. Still needs to work on his defensive positioning, however, to become an AFL-standard backman.

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at VFL level in last Saturday’s loss to Port Melbourne.

Had his best game in defence, playing on a dangerous opponent in Galea. Battled well right throughout the match. His defensive starting positions were much better this time.

Coburg coach, Tim Clarke, provides his exclusive summary of how the Richmond-listed players performed at VFL level in last Sunday’s loss to Collingwood.
Played his role in defence extremely well. Kept the opposition’s resting rucks in check and went on to their key forwards when needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back