Past 43. Will Setterfield - Traded to Essendon*

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a lot of talk around Walsh’s game and rightly so, but watching Setters live last night he looked every bit the elite young talent, was really impressed with how he moves for a tall 192cm mid, he had some great flashes and love the way he chase to put on pressure and tackle. Another beaty from SOS
What an outstanding THIRD CAREER GAME

If it wasn't for Walsh we'd be lauding this guy, and probably demanding a Rising Star Nomination.

Is going to be quite a player, wearing the right number for his playing style too.

Rapt that his first game for us was a solid four quarter effort. I think he only played 68% game time, so will hopefully continue to build his fitness base and touch over the next few weeks.

For a kid with 2 games under his belt to put up that performance, after 2 years out of the game, was enormous.

Adds immensely to our midfield depth and team balance.

According to the new updated player profiles he is now 192cm.

Just a little smaller than Pat, our other young champ midfielder, both immensely talented, excellent another great acquisition along with Newman, they were very good last night.

Once Setters fills out and matures say 50 games, look out.

Setters has already exceeded my wildest expectations (and I had high hopes already) and oh boy, once he fully gets confidence in his recuperating knee, look out.

GWS gave him to us at 'mate rates' and SOS returned the favour by forcing Essendon to throw in their 2019 first rounder for Shiel, it was great game of bluffing by Silvagni, and Dodoro blinked.

Now that is what I call a great trading relationship (us and Giants)

Jet. Finds time and space, even if he's slow - like Pendlebury.

He isn’t as slow as you would expect, for a 192cm midfielder, he had some great moments last night, finished with 24 possessions from 68% TOG which is great, but watching him give chase to a running players and closing them down was also a great sign, wasn’t expecting him to be the agile. Setterfield could be just as good a get as Walsh, which is massive win for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps and Walsh.

Serious 3 players. Serious 3.

Our midfield will be the envy of the league.
Already is, they are just slowly realising it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back