Past Alex Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

You will never win the tattslotto if you don't buy a ticket. To me it is a wasted opportunity. Plenty of good player have come through the rookie draft.

Except we took 6 players in the ND which is very unusual. Rookie draft not required.

Can understand first cut 'wtf' reaction ? - but seriously...no way SOS is playing the nepotism card here - too smart to be so dumb, and I doubt he makes any call all by himself anyway. Will be ointeresting to see how Alex is used.
didn't he step away from his son's selection? how would that work anyway?

You will never win the tattslotto if you don't buy a ticket. To me it is a wasted opportunity. Plenty of good player have come through the rookie draft.

OR the tattslotto odds are so bad, that I have never bought a ticket. And I am quite the gambler.

When speculating, you don't necessarily always go for the highest risk/reward option.

Now.... What were we talking about again? o_O

don't go giving yourself tickets you can't spend, champ - you'd be the 40 billionth poster here who figured themselves some sort of upstream swimmer and failed - be a goose sure but avoid the plonkerismnessness - you have good ideas which I enjoy reading - leave the pointless intransigence to the tiger board

Got no tickets on myself Thy, just an opinion like everybody else, on a subject that doesn't have an overwhelming right or wrong answer. Don't think I am inflexible either, as I have stated I value people's opinion on the matter.

I enjoy the vigorous debate, but still respect opinions despite how I may come across :thumbsu:

Got no tickets on myself Thy, just an opinion like everybody else, on a subject that doesn't have an overwhelming right or wrong answer. Don't think I am inflexible either, as I have stated I value people's opinion on the matter.

I enjoy the vigorous debate, but still respect opinions despite how I may come across :thumbsu:
good work - don't make me come down there again.......

For goodness sake, do you seriously thing MLG & Trigg would just stand by & let SOS make selections based on nepotism? This is just hogwash.
Bolton thought macreadie was a defender and sos told him he is a swingman.. we didn't need another another defender.. sos calls the shots.. god mate of the prez .. better mate than Mckay trigg or bolts are. We even waited two years for brode to head recruitent.if You know anything about sos and bodied theyre tight.. trigg didn't overrule that one but common sense screams its odd!

I knew what it meant, but was pretty impressed with myself for knowing it.

Once I saw we picked up Alex, I rushed to this thread very excited that I would get to use it...alas it had already been used multiple times.

I like the selection though, what would another kid that is 99% chance not going to make it add to our group?

Alex is 29, played some good footy for a finals team, is by all reports a professional who made the AFL the hard way. He will add much more to the club in experience and professionalism on the training track and in the VFL (possibly seniors). When my club was struggling I'd prefer to be playing next to the 30 year old veteran instead of the best player from the 19s.

It's also great for the culture, he would have been a Carlton supporter growing up with family ties to the club. Jack will be integral for the young group coming through and it will be great for him to have his older cousin to look up to as he develops into one of the leaders of the younger group.

Also having guys like Kerr with family ties and Ben Silvagni soon to be joining the club, I think it could really add to the club as a whole off the field, resulting in better performances on the field.

Plus he's mates with Fyfe
Fyfe isnt coming because we took silvagni as a rookie.. that's crazytalk.. wouldn't make one iota of difference to anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For goodness sake, do you seriously thing MLG & Trigg would just stand by & let SOS make selections based on nepotism? This is just hogwash.

......however my understanding is that when they asked Alex if he wanted to come to Carlton it was Serge who said :

'Alex, don't ever play for sides against the family.'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seeing as we are well & truly covered for defensive players, could A. Silvagni be used in a midfield role at some stages of the season ??

The reason I ask is that he isn't tall enough to be a Key Position player but he does have a battle-hardened mature body and our smaller mids need some sort of protection out there.
I'd rather eat burning hot coals than watch A.Silvagni run through our midfield

fork or spoon?

buring-coals.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back