Past Alex Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think there's a single Freo fan who's not thrilled to see him playing good footy and getting the recognition he's always deserved.

Had rotten luck always being injured or suspended at the worst possible time, whilst always being stuck in the pecking order behind gun AA-fullback Luke McPharlin!.... Andalsozacdawson.

Oh, and he's an absolute ripping bloke to boot and loves his heavy metal. What's not to love?

Don't think there's a single Freo fan who's not thrilled to see him playing good footy and getting the recognition he's always deserved.
Had rotten luck always being injured or suspended at the worst possible time, whilst always being stuck in the pecking order behind gun AA-fullback Luke McPharlin!.... Andalsozacdawson.
Oh, and he's an absolute ripping bloke to boot and loves his heavy metal. What's not to love?

Just one question; Exactly what type of heavy metal?

Good on you ASOS, given a chance and grabbed it by the throat. Loving how he seems to hate losing a contest and works his butt off to make sure it doesnt happen. Has made several huge efforts on 1%ers that have paid off for the team. Keep it up!!

Have been thinking - what is a 1%ers true value in modern football?

Much more than 1% these days. More like 50%ers imo.

Not only on the direct play, but psychologically to your teammates.

I could troll though this thread and find where i stated picking up ASOS was a great move 6 months ago, but yeah nah... ;)

Actually i checked out page 1 and there are some facepalm comments....he was a 2nd round rookie pick and has already played a big hand in two cfc wins - on the trot - against the AFL colas and the filth.

Great immediate return value

I honestly can't remember. I remember all the Freo players in an interview immediately saying Silva had the worst taste in music and was banned from playing it in the locker room.

Uncultured swine.

Not if it's Opeth, Sunn O))), Gojira, Ulver, Midnight Odyssey or Blut Aus Nord.

Wow!
Really love this guy. Seemed like a different player at Fremantle.
Rapt he is a blue.
Nah he was also good at Freo, just got injured at the wrong times and was playing behind Luke Mcpharlin at others.

Pretty sure I said somewhere in this thread that he would be good value and stick by it, has definitely helped your defense so far!
P.S Buddy has always been his bitch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Gave it his all, played some really good footy. Another one whose body has let him down.

Good luck in retirement.

Alex Silvagni has officially retired.

Played a couple of ripper games for us but like at Freo, his body could not hold up.

Best of luck ASOS. Glad you got to wear the Navy Blue.

Buddy breathes a sigh of relief.....

The CFC and AFL just got a little bit softer. Here's hoping he stays on as a development coach.

It was his uncompromising toughness that saw him elevated to the leadership group as a 7 game rookie for us. Obviously well valued.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back