Past Alex Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upgrade on White and thats not saying much. Having him at Northern Blues around our young developing key defenders will be handy. A senior option if Rowe goes down. Not sure why people are mad about a 2nd round rookie draft pick. He was decent in the last 6 or 7 games for the dockers.

Upgrade on White and thats not saying much. Having him at Northern Blues around our young developing key defenders will be handy. A senior option if Rowe goes down. Not sure why people are mad about a 2nd round rookie draft pick. He was decent in the last 6 or 7 games for the dockers.
And he was among the best, if it helps, in Peel's (WAFL) winning final series. Dominated his opponents at times. Injuries just hampered his time at Freo, would play 4-5 games then gets an injury for 3-4 weeks.

Probably mostly a mixture of his age plus the fact it would seem we have quite a lot of tall defenders right now.

Weitering, Rowe, Plowman (may be able to play on mediums), Jaksch, Marchbank, Macreadie, White & now Silvagni as well. Oh and JGM.

I get that one of those may play forward and that Jaksch is likely to be gone end of next year, but still i would have thought Rowe and White would have been enough 'senior insurance'.

Having said that as you say its a second round rookie pick so it cost us next to nothing and he wouldn't be on much $$$ either.

I really feel in 12 months we'll be asking why we didn't take someone like Sam Walker here instead of a depth mid-size/tall defender. It doesn't make sense to draft Weitering & Macreadie, trade for Marchbank and Plowman and then bring in a guy like Alex - if it was a bigger frame like Rowe, then I'd get it - Alex seems like a very uninspiring finish to what was a pretty good offseason.

very much a nothing pick and reeks of sos looking after his own

lol wtf.

No chance SOS does it simply to look after 'his own' at the detriment of the club.

And rookies don't get paid that much anyway.

While surprising, i actually rate Silvagni has played some good games for Freo just had injury issues.

Probably mostly a mixture of his age plus the fact it would seem we have quite a lot of tall defenders right now.

Weitering, Rowe, Plowman (may be able to play on mediums), Jaksch, Marchbank, Macreadie, White & now Silvagni as well.

I get that one of those may play forward and that Jaksch is likely to be gone end of next year, but still i would have thought Rowe and White would have been enough 'senior insurance'.

Get the feeling at some point during the year we may play Rowe up forward with Silvagni taking his role down back...Casboult & Jones to not be in the team.

Yeah I agree its a lot, but hey its better than having limited key position options like the last 10 years.

It's just a rookie pick anyway, all the people upset with the pick are the same ones who thought Scharenberg, Olango and Gibbons should be picked up. Clearly they have no idea.

Weitering, Rowe, Plowman (may be able to play on mediums), Jaksch, Marchbank, Macreadie, White & now Silvagni as well. Oh and JGM.

Having said that as you say its a second round rookie pick so it cost us next to nothing and he wouldn't be on much $$$ either.

White can't play on Hawkins, Boyd etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back