Past Alex Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

fork or spoon?

buring-coals.jpg
just like apple bobbing. head first

Intelligent response there .........
No TheSheik, I dont think A.Silvagni will ever be used as a midfielder. He will be backup to Rowe and adds more competition for spots in the backline which doesn't enable players to believe they are safe as take their foot off the pedal. Obviously SOS thinks JGM & Macreadie are far away from senior selection and have recruited a mature body to help with their development. We would play Marchbank, Plowman & White in the midfield before we played Alex there

Silvagni would slot into our senior side no trouble at all. We may be playing some of our designated taller defenders outside of the backline. We all know we're lacking in forwards and Weitering and Marchbank can play forward while it's been suggested that Plowman could play in the midfield. When we start doing things like this our defensive stocks get thin again.

I'm not sure Silvagni is best 22 but any injuries and he's first cab off the rank. Especially if we're looking to move some of our defenders out of defence.

Besides all this, we really needs some senior heads in the VFL who will help the youngsters setup structures. Sometimes in modern footy you need older guys out there performing the role of cricket captain who can quickly set the field, that's what all the pointing and yelling at stoppages is about from guys like Luke Hodge. If you see Weitering live you will see the same thing, pointing and yelling and setting the field. If Silvagni can do that he's a valuable asset.

No TheSheik, I dont think A.Silvagni will ever be used as a midfielder. He will be backup to Rowe and adds more competition for spots in the backline which doesn't enable players to believe they are safe as take their foot off the pedal. Obviously SOS thinks JGM & Macreadie are far away from senior selection and have recruited a mature body to help with their development. We would play Marchbank, Plowman & White in the midfield before we played Alex there

I'm of an alternative view, if the team structure means we need to use him in the midfield, he will play there. He's a mature-age short-term option for us which usually results in the player being sent in to plug holes wherever they appear.

Can someone get Oprah to come down to the club just to point at the players and tell them they're a midfielder?

You're a midfielder!

And you're a midfielder!

And you're a midfielder!

Everyone gets to be a midfielder!

At the moment, Oprah has been pointing at a lot of them and telling them they are a defender, we have oodles of them.

Can someone get Oprah to come down to the club just to point at the players and tell them they're a midfielder?

You're a midfielder!

And you're a midfielder!

And you're a midfielder!

Everyone gets to be a midfielder!

Slight difference, G-man.

Having drafted Fisher, Pickett, Polson, LeBois, Galucci plus Sumner, Wright, Buckley etc, I think Oprah would say

'And if you all look under your chairs, you'll see a midfielder-HFF! EVERYONE gets one!!!!

Slight difference, G-man.

Having drafted Fisher, Pickett, Polson, LeBois plus Sumner, Wright, Buckley etc, I think Oprah would say

'And if you all look under your chairs, you'll see a midfielder-HFF! EVERYONE gets one!!!!'
"Hybrid footballers"

To be fair, its not a bad idea to have a bunch of midfielders who know how to kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Silvagni makes up for having lost Laidler for nicks. Another awful boo boo of our past Honchos.
Great move by SOS. With Paul Brodie to help I'm salivating to think what he'll conjure up this year trading draft period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back