Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, why isn’t his mum on here..
I feel a new user name coming on.

meg ryan love GIF by HULU

not much fault can be laid at the feet of Ben Williams. This was all the family and Ports doing.

As for his mum on socials. God forbid if I ever commented about one of my kids on socials. I learnt long ago that you don't even post a picture of them without their approval. WTF was she thinking? Not to many brain cells in the family.

Dont care. * them all.

If he thinks his managers advise is better then his coach, Alastair Clarkson then all the best.
This is what makes me laugh the most, you’ve dumped Al for Kenny..
I don’t even know where to start.
His manager should’ve been screaming from the rooftops, at least try to win one first.
Then do what you like.

He claimed homesickness and then she tried to defend him on social media. I think Mummy's Boy is pretty apt, unless there is some very specific innuendo you're talking about. I'm with you in disapproving of the people directly posting at her though.

Personally don't give much of a stuff if he has to have a "time out" at some point, as callous as that sounds. He has a support network (that we graciously let him be closer to) and he needs to own his decisions. If (when) he gets cursed at for every game of his career, he needs to just accept that it's a consequence of his own actions. Wait just 12 months and it wouldn't have been this way. Pretty sure that on his salary he can afford to see a few shrinks to bolster his mental health skills anyway, and if he's not doing that then once again that's on him.
Are the Irish girls in our and other AFLW team homesick? They're living their dream and not getting paid the coin he is! Still soft!

Yes I know, but same applies, I’m sure the advice to any player currently at north would be to hold.

Not necessarily, we re singed Zurhaar and bought in some decent recruits.

Getting Logue has sort of been lost because of everything else going on, but that’s an awesome trade.

It would be a brave manger to try and get a young player out from learning underneath the best coach since Matthews.

* him, his mum, his dad and his manger.

Fair game. What they did was disgraceful. The kid sooked up on Cunners return game because he didn’t get what he wanted. Spoiled brat that is lucky he can play football.

He demanded to be pick 1, but wasn’t willing to put in the hard yards.

I will hate him for the rest of his career.
Yeah.

* him with a jack hammer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Logue has sort of been lost because of everything else going on, but that’s an awesome trade.

It would be a brave manger to try and get a young player out from learning underneath the best coach since Matthews.
We need TT playing at his best, and for TT to do that he needs to be in a good headspace. Pissing his manager off is not going to help.

Logue went four spots ahead of Jy.

I know Jy was injured in his draft year and missed opportuniites but Logue is a top 10 pick and we got him for a future second someone else gave us.

I swear trade and draft priorities are all ****ed up.

But any way you look at it Logue is a fantastic get.

The AFL did us a huge favour.

We now have four top 10/six top 12 picks from 2016, 17 and 18 in our side.

And out 2016 crop is Logue, Jy, Larks and Bull.

not much fault can be laid at the feet of Ben Williams. This was all the family and Ports doing.

As for his mum on socials. God forbid if I ever commented about one of my kids on socials. I learnt long ago that you don't even post a picture of them without their approval. WTF was she thinking? Not to many brain cells in the family.
I would’ve thought the manager owns the lack of transparency / night before trade night part.

We need TT playing at his best, and for TT to do that he needs to be in a good headspace. Pissing his manager off is not going to help.
Usually agree with what you say so sorry to say but that is rubbish.

Firstly, regardless of what TT's manager thinks of our employees, his job is to get his client the best contract he can (factoring in everything relevant i.e. money, coach etc). If he can't do that because he has an issue with some people at our club for something he was involved in then he shouldn't be a player manager.

Secondly, the current headspace or feelings of TT's manager should have no impact on him given he is contracted with us until the end of 2024

His manager saw $850k over 6 years and ran with it.

Let's be honest if he stayed we were not going anywhere near that coin maybe 4 years at $650 would have been best case.

Now we have that cash to pay someone like Cam, who sat there on the rookie list making base wage and didn't complain.

Firstly, regardless of what TT's manager thinks of our employees, his job is to get his client the best contract he can (factoring in everything relevant i.e. money, coach etc). If he can't do that because he has an issue with some people at our club for something he was involved in then he shouldn't be a player manager.

Secondly, the current headspace or feelings of TT's manager should have no impact on him given he is contracted with us until the end of 2024
Nah its just an unnecessary shitfight.

Mate, a manager cares more for their
Players than just contracts. Happiness for their players is their number one concern (for most of them anyway).

To be honest, Williams isn’t going to give 2 shits to what said about him on socials, he will care if JHF mum is acting
Like an idiot though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back