Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - North Melbourne has offered a five-year deal to stay at the Roos

His manager saw $850k over 6 years and ran with it.

Let's be honest if he stayed we were not going anywhere near that coin maybe 4 years at $650 would have been best case.

Now we have that cash to pay someone like Cam, who sat there on the rookie list making base wage and didn't complain.
Once the Francis’ decided he was out of North it was up to his manager to get the kid the best deal, and I’m glad he screwed Port over. He if he doesn’t live up to the hype quickly there’s going to be some pissed off players at Port.

That said, they played us and got what they wanted all along.

Sure, if you don't have one honorable bone in your body, perhaps you'd play this type of game. I suspect most of us wouldn't go this low to get what we want.

No doubt they're hypocrites too, who would squeal like stuck pigs if they were ever shafted in a similar manner in a business transaction.

Sure, if you don't have one honorable bone in your body, perhaps you'd play this type of game. I suspect most of us wouldn't go this low to get what we want.

No doubt they're hypocrites too, who would squeal like stuck pigs if they were ever shafted in a similar manner in a business transaction.

If North had the opportunity to poach a player from Port who grew up loving North, we'd do it without a second thought and us nuffies would applaud the player for being true to their heart lol

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If North had the opportunity to poach a player from Port who grew up loving North, we'd do it without a second thought and us nuffies would applaud the player for being true to their heart lol
In the 1st year of a 2 year draftee contract after going pick 1?

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
There are some old buggers on here like Hojuman who will remember the first match Paul Salmon played against North.

Salmon had kicked several bags in his first few games and he is now up against North at Arden St.

North name Bill Berry, an ex * reserves player to play on Salmon. At the ground there was a rumour spreading like wildfire that Bill was in the team to beat the crap out of Salmon every time the ball came near. The rumour was being spread by North people who were taunting the* supporters and obviously, the plan was for the message to get to the * dressing room to intimate Salmon.

Bill didn't bash him, but Salmon played like he was s**t-scared for most of the game.

Does anyone think this will work a second time around?
Only issue with that is the loose units in our team like Zurhaar, ziebs, Jy, CCJ ect might hear it 😜
The fact he and his family lied to our faces all year leaves me with zero sympathy for any of them facing the subsequent flack his move has generated. F*** ‘em all!

Pissed off Toes is not to be messed with

Yeah, nah.

In the 1st year of a 2 year draftee contract after going pick 1?

This.

What's the point in having high draft picks if they can be poached immediately and the poacher is roundly congratulated?

You'd understand why everyone would call you and the player out for it though, yeah?
Yeah, but who gives a s**t? We'd be rubbing it in their faces if it went our way. I don't for a second believe this board or all places would be humble about it lol

About yourself, sure. You don't speak for others who you don't know, though.
Just having a laugh mate, didn't meant to cast aspersions (or dispersions, as Scotts would say). While I understand that you disagree, I think you're taking the piss a bit if you think the consensus on this board would be that we'd be so fair, humble and gracious as to want to pass on the player.

We're as biased any anyone. There seems to be this overarching theme on this board lately that we're somehow "above" the pettiness of other clubs and supporters, which is complete rot lol

Just having a laugh mate, didn't meant to cast aspersions (or dispersions, as Scotts would say). While I understand that you disagree, I think you're taking the piss a bit if you think the consensus on this board would be that we'd be so fair, humble and gracious as to want to pass on the player.

We're as biased any anyone. There seems to be this overarching theme on this board lately that we're somehow "above" the pettiness of other clubs and supporters, which is complete rot lol

Of course we're all biased and we want to pick up great players. But there is a clear line relating to number 1 recruits, as evidenced by the fact that they have an automatic 2-year contract. It sucks that Port were so opportunistic, because it's s**t sportsmanship. I literally would be extremely annoyed if North did it to any other team, even the ones I hate (which is more than half of them).

Of course we're all biased and we want to pick up great players. But there is a clear line relating to number 1 recruits, as evidenced by the fact that they have an automatic 2-year contract. It sucks that Port were so opportunistic, because it's s**t sportsmanship. I literally would be extremely annoyed if North did it to any other team, even the ones I hate (which is more than half of them).

Fair enough then mate. I'd be thrilled. I hope we poach every good player from every club and leave their lists ransacked. * em.

Back