Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just having a laugh mate, didn't meant to cast aspersions (or dispersions, as Scotts would say). While I understand that you disagree, I think you're taking the piss a bit if you think the consensus on this board would be that we'd be so fair, humble and gracious as to want to pass on the player.

We're as biased any anyone. There seems to be this overarching theme on this board lately that we're somehow "above" the pettiness of other clubs and supporters, which is complete rot lol
It was actually Gareth Liddiard and by some completely bizarre coincidence I was listening to the song he said it i... well sung it in for the first time in years right then.

Its one thing to poach Josh Kelly when he's been there a while another to take him in his first year if he was their first ever pick 1 and they were in the worst form ever.

Its one thing to poach Josh Kelly when he's been there a while another to take him in his first year if he was their first ever pick 1 and they were in the worst form ever.
Are we likely to see poaching attempts on every top 10 draftee from now on? Clearly, if a drafted player wants to break their contract to go to their favourite team or to chase the money it will happen unabated now.

Are we likely to see poaching attempts on every top 10 draftee from now on? Clearly, if a drafted player wants to break their contract to go to their favourite team or to chase the money it will happen unabated now.
I’d be more hedging my bets on there being a rule change that protects the club that drafts them, now that it’s happened to north, so the “assisted” clubs are protected

Nah you just create a culture where people want to stay with success and plenty of games into the player. JHF was an outlier to the rule.

Cam is on a list of player's that I'm super interested to see how they go next year.

The way I see it a new coach, better structures, more KPP depth and availability means that Cam should move from being the 2nd forward to a 3rd tall type...

• Will Cam continue on from his very good last 2/3rd of 2022 or will a better structure and setup mean that he has less opportunities?
  • Will his stats drop away whilst our performance as a whole improves or will he actually be more dangerous with a better team?

There's a thread brewing talking about who will have the biggest new impact / players to watch in 2023 but probably a bit premature - be good to finalise the list and see a little bit of preseason but Cam's definitely in that handful of players to watch for mine.

Cam is on a list of player's that I'm super interested to see how they go next year.

The way I see it a new coach, better structures, more KPP depth and availability means that Cam should move from being the 2nd forward to a 3rd tall type...

• Will Cam continue on from his very good last 2/3rd of 2022 or will a better structure and setup mean that he has less opportunities?
  • Will his stats drop away whilst our performance as a whole improves or will he actually be more dangerous with a better team?

There's a thread brewing talking about who will have the biggest new impact / players to watch in 2023 but probably a bit premature - be good to finalise the list and see a little bit of preseason but Cam's definitely in that handful of players to watch for mine.
I would like to see him start in the centre here and there, other teams mids will certainly be concerned because you know he's coming.

The moment he made comments about the club being unsettled and not a good environment is what justify’s any animosity. I’m sure he (or at least his manager) knew what would come from that. That’s going to war against a whole membership base, for no reason.
Could have just stuck to ‘I need my family’ and ‘I’m home sick’ narrative. But to try and justify his decision by taking a low blow at the club and the playing list who remain at the ‘unsettled’ club. Gloves are off.
Agreed. F*** him.

F*** HIM!
His dad, the old lady, his mrs, Kochie hell f*** his grandma too I bet she’s a snake just like him.

campaigners dead to me

Clarko will unleash his inner beast.

Give him the freedom to hurt the opposition with his tackling.

I still remember that immense 10 tackle game from a few years back. That was special
If he went out on the field with intent, he would literally kill people. Im all in on that. Come on Clarko

Once the Francis’ decided he was out of North it was up to his manager to get the kid the best deal, and I’m glad he screwed Port over. He if he doesn’t live up to the hype quickly there’s going to be some pissed off players at Port.
As supporters it’s our right to make that just a little bit more difficult for Jason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he and his family lied to our faces all year leaves me with zero sympathy for any of them facing the subsequent flack his move has generated. F*** ‘em all!
BIN f***ing GO Toes

He snared himself a 6 year multi million dollar contract and gets mum to wipe his ass every night for him before falling asleep attached to the teat.

All is well it seems.

Write off the campaigner. They caused this they deal with it.
There is no line to cross because he literally shat on it, us and the club from day dot.

Want to see Zurhaar in more midfield rotations.

He can shake the opposition up a bit, do what Ziebell used to, and provide a burst like Stringer does for the injectors. (yeah, I know)

I think we are too stagnant so hopefully Clarko is more flexible game to game.
I wouldn't be surprised if Clarko sent Cam into the middle for the bounce if the little bitch is in there.

Write off the campaigner. They caused this they deal with it.
There is no line to cross because he literally shat on it, us and the club from day dot.

Since the day it became apparent that he was f***ing us over I’ve pondered the Scully return game vs Melbourne and how the demons supporters say their with signs and fake bags of cash. How restrained that seemed.

With our supporter base he’s not going to get that.

He’s going to get more verbal abuse than he’s ever heard in his life and I could very well envisage him getting pelted with marshmallows.

The rank and file were emotionally invested in him. You only have to have been to a game at docklands and have felt the air of expectation the collective had on him.

I have little doubt that the sense of betrayal will be full voice when we play them.

It is absolutely why people see Cam go him and love it. It is straight up us(Cam)vs them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back