Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

I think when he kicked 3 or 4 against the Hawks in preseason we thought he'd be pretty good.

For a guy with no tank, he does some special things.

Hitting that ball off of the back of the square from the center bounce was awesome. If he can bring that to the team once or twice a game he will be a weapon.

Couple of special goals yesterday.

The first showed that he has got serious power. He had to control the bobbling ball above his head, which would have put him off balance. But then to hit the ground, pivot, explode through into space (all while shrugging a tackle) and finish from 40m while placing his kick underneath a lunging Mcevoy... <insert randy marsh.jpg>

The second was pretty nice too. Read the ball nicely off the front and square, tapped it on to get away from Gunston, picked it up at full pelt but maintained his balance and finished on the non-preferred left foot.

Also hit up at the ball nicely on occasion and was an avenue for us to move the ball forward through the HFF area.

We have got a gem here

Love the way he and Garns go about it.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first goal is more impressive because he got soundly beaten in a one on one contest for strength not a few minutes before. Got very easily pushed under the ball and outmarked.

Few contests later with the opportunity to make amends, he does, in a big way. Shoves his opponent out of the way and blind turns into traffic, then somehow still has the nous to kick the goal.

Some really good signs physically, but I think the desire to win and compete is also a huge positive when it comes to Cam.

The first goal is more impressive because he got soundly beaten in a one on one contest for strength not a few minutes before. Got very easily pushed under the ball and outmarked.

Few contests later with the opportunity to make amends, he does, in a big way. Shoves his opponent out of the way and blind turns into traffic, then somehow still has the nous to kick the goal.

Some really good signs physically, but I think the desire to win and compete is also a huge positive when it comes to Cam.
Yes exactly!! it was like @£$€ !! As if he said to himself never again.

absolute monster tbh. was really impressed with his two goals in particular yesterday. if he can gather more of the footy, serious player on our hands

Our version of the 'Flying Dutchman', without the 'high flying', this guy could be special. Seems to play like he believes he belongs at the level. Has genuine A-grader qualities and there hasn't been any other debutant who has played this year that has convinced me they could be A-grade, except for maybe EVW.

Our version of the 'Flying Dutchman', without the 'high flying', this guy could be special. Seems to play like he believes he belongs at the level. Has genuine A-grader qualities and there hasn't been any other debutant who has played this year that has convinced me they could be A-grade, except for maybe EVW.
Jy says Hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back