Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adrian McAdam stuff there. What happened to him after that?

Imagine if BF was around in 1937, we’d be loving this bloke.
It looks to be an interesting story.

Had previously played for St Kilda before going on to be captain-coach of Oakleigh in the VFA. In fact, he was captain coach of Oakleigh for the first couple of months of the 1937 season before transferring to North Melbourne. There is a reference in The Argus at the end of 1937 saying he was due to take over the running of a well-known North Melbourne business, which may or may not be related.

He was named for his NMFC debut to replace Frank Crapper, who was a forward, but by July, he'd been left out because his business interests made it hard for him to train and then in August, he was being referred to as an experienced full-back.

But I think what really happened is that the game he missed in July (round 14, 1937 for those playing at home) was the league debut of a 19 year old kid named Sel Murray.

When asked about getting Zurhaar into the midfield:

"Someone did ask why Zurhaar isn’t in the midfield and Rhyce joked ‘how long would he last in there?”, probably suggesting that his tank will not allow him to be a permanent mid. He did say they throw him in the middle when they are hoping to get some impact’ out of him."

When asked about getting Zurhaar into the midfield:

"Someone did ask why Zurhaar isn’t in the midfield and Rhyce joked ‘how long would he last in there?”, probably suggesting that his tank will not allow him to be a permanent mid. He did say they throw him in the middle when they are hoping to get some impact’ out of him."

Hopefully Zurhaar has a very strong endurance program over the summer

Adrian McAdam stuff there. What happened to him after that?

Imagine if BF was around in 1937, we’d be loving this bloke.

Yep then we’d * him off for draft picks because he wanted 10 quid a year

Both Corey and Kingy are fans of The Bull, both urging him to get his fitness and tank up to midfielder standard, i agree.
Hopefully Cam takes this in the manner it’s meant......he also shares a house with Larks still I’m sure......would be great for them both to really launch into preseason with specific goals to get fitter, stronger and more explosive.

Granted most clubs have one game to go, but here's the top three for each club. Pretty grim reading all round.

Adelaide: Taylor Walker 14, Shane McAdam 11, Elliott Himmelberg 9
Brisbane: Charlie Cameron 25, Eric Hipwood 22, Cam Rayner and Lincoln McCarthy 13 each
Carlton: Harry McKay 18, Levi Casboult 15, Eddie Betts 13
Collingwood: Brody Mihocek 18, Jaidyn Stephenson 12, Jordan de Goey and Mason Cox 11 each
Essendon: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 19, Jake Stringer 14, Kyle Langford 11
Fremantle: Matthew Taberner 29, Michael Walters 15, Lachie Schultz 11
Geelong: Tom Hawkins 40, Gary Rohan 19, Gryan Miers 16
Gold Coast: Ben King 24, Alex Sexton 16, Lachie Weller and Ben Ainsworth 12 each
GWS: Jeremy Cameron 24, Jeremy Finlayson 19, Toby Greene 16
Hawthorn: Jack Gunston 27, Chad Wingard 18, Luke Breust 14
Melbourne: Bayley Fritsch 19, Sam Weideman 19, Jake Melksham 15
North Melbourne: Cameron Zurhaar 18, Nick Larkey 14, Aaron Hall 10
Port Adelaide: Charlie Dixon 31, Robbie Gray 15, Zak Butters 11
Richmond: Tom Lynch 28, Jack Riewoldt 26, Dustin Martin 14
St Kilda: Dan Butler 26, Max King 19, Tim Membrey 17
Sydney: Tom Papley 24, Will Hayward 10, Tom McCartin 9
West Coast: Josh Kennedy 31, Jack Darling 26, Liam Ryan 23
Western Bulldogs: Mitch Wallis 23, Aaron Naughton 13, Josh Bruce 12
2020 CZ 18/124 goals - 14.5% of team goals
2019 BB 64/265 goals - 24.1% of team goals

Is one guy kicking a quarter of your goals good or bad? Honestly don't know.

2020 CZ 18/124 goals - 14.5% of team goals
2019 BB 64/265 goals - 24.1% of team goals

Is one guy kicking a quarter of your goals good or bad? Honestly don't know.
Jason Dunstall kicked exactly 24.1% of Hawthorn's goals in his time there: 1,254 out of 5,203.

I think it is what it is. Depends on what you're trying to achieve. Personally, if you have a dominant full-forward you go to them a lot and they'll kick a lot of goals. No different to having a dominant ruck and using them in the centre square all the time so they get it to your mids and get first possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Dunstall kicked exactly 24.1% of Hawthorn's goals in his time there: 1,254 out of 5,203.

I think it is what it is. Depends on what you're trying to achieve. Personally, if you have a dominant full-forward you go to them a lot and they'll kick a lot of goals. No different to having a dominant ruck and using them in the centre square all the time so they get it to your mids and get first possession.

How TF did you have this info at hand?

How TF did you have this info at hand?
Start with this: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jason_Dunstall.html

And then just went through the year by year stats, like those found here: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/1998.html#10

Took about four minutes to work out. I just did it because I was curious, and there is no particular reason why I picked Dunstall, other than he was one of those players I remember being the main target at a club for a long period of time.

That it was 24.1% was a happy accident.

I’d be worried if he didn’t have that beanie on
There’s a team he supports that has the same colours as us but thery’re called HTRON.. is that a gaming league or sumfin?..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back