Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - North Melbourne has offered a five-year deal to stay at the Roos

I don't think Zurhar and Larkey worked hard enough yesterday, that was their problem.

Cam needs to get to contests to make his presence felt. He's not going to be a leading forward, he's going to kick his goals in general play. Yesterday he was totally missing crumbing and around forward stoppages. They cleared the ball way to easily from our F50.

Larkey didn't lead nearly enough as our main forward. Both he and Walker just kept pointing to the sky asking for the long bomb. Walker at least can play body-on-body and take a mark, but Larkey doing the same along side him was just plain lazy.

Both of these blokes know they're the future of the NMFC forward line, and have become complacent. Both know they wont get dropped as there's literally no one coming for them.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The entire forward was woeful yesterday. It was a collective shmoozle. And that's ok as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be celebrating yesterday's performance.
Often we you lose by large amounts, your forwards don't have great days. A quirk of the business if you like.

That said, ("shitmen") Walker was marking it and plenty of others created opportunities.

The strutting 2some are in a collective rut at the moment.

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
CDB84643-709E-42AA-90BE-8410E98809E6.png
Not sure the 5 kicks warranted a full pedicure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I liked his short burst in the midfield with Jed and Jye, second best midfield set up next to Powell, Laz and Jed.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn’t mid him down back when Jack was off, and loved him in the middle. Big tick ✅ for Nobel there. Cam really needs to build that tank or he’ll just be another talent wasted by lack of conditioning...because he’s got everything else.
We’ve been saying that for years ,, about putting CZ into the midfield for bursts .. tonight he did that for 5 minutes & was stuffed / spent ?!
Why isn’t he conditioned ?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We’ve been saying that for years ,, about putting CZ into the midfield for bursts .. tonight he did that for 5 minutes & was stuffed / spent ?!
Why isn’t he conditioned ?

I could be wrong but I think it’s the main reason we got him as a rookie pick. His fitness was a loooonnngg way back on others in his draft. Believe it or not his fitness has improved heaps since then. If he has it in him to work hard enough to build his fitness base to an elite level then he’ll be a genuine star imo.

Back