Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

The new game plan exposes Atleys flaws but he's working very hard and could be good further up the ground. He's actually in career best form statistically.

Not sure we can drop a senior body either - I'd push him forward and Zurhaar back. Zurhaar in much worse form than Ats, try and tune both to this new game plan.

Get Cam in the action and limit Astley's clanger damage but maximise his possession and work rate which is career best.

View attachment 1088226View attachment 1088228
Yeah it’s a weird thing as he is actually winning the footy too, intercepting or just beating his man.......has howlers with the ball which are super deflating, but I’m not convinced a first gamer or first couple of gamer, is gunna be any better than him right now.

He averaged more turnovers per possession than Atley, but he had a crack.

I don't reckon he's any gurantee to play 100 games unless he finds a way to lift a gear.
Agreed on the 100 club. He has 2 seasons to work his arse off and get fitter.

His good and bad has a distance between each other only astronomers could describe.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez he fumbled a lot last night. Several times was on the end of handballs and they went straight through his hands.

I'd be dropping him this week and playing him as a ruck rover in the VFL.

A terrifying name came to my mind watching Zurhaar the past fortnight.

Kyle Reimers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he drop two basic chest marks today ?

I hate to single out one guy when so many we’re poor but those simple 1%ers ..... faaaaarrrrrkkkkkk

An absolute expert at being involved in the contest but being ineffective.

Saw some good signs from him tonight, overall I thought he was an improver on a night where we were god awful, but there were some bad things too. Someone needs to talk to him about not flying for marks from 3 deep every single time. Two definite occasions where he made contact with a team mate who was about to mark/contest the ball and screwed them, and probably a couple more I didn't see.

An absolute expert at being involved in the contest but being ineffective.

Saw some good signs from him tonight, overall I thought he was an improver on a night where we were god awful, but there were some bad things too. Someone needs to talk to him about not flying for marks from 3 deep every single time. Two definite occasions where he made contact with a team mate who was about to mark/contest the ball and screwed them, and probably a couple more I didn't see.
Been doing the back yard failed speccy for a while

Low percentage return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back