Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - returned as part-time ruckman vs Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

billnats

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
You make it sound like Cameron is a meat 'n potatoes plodder though. His explosive gamestyle and ability to find the goals from early in his career, hell even kick goals under pressure makes him an enticing prospect if he gets it together.

Walker is a promising talent too but wouldn't think he makes Zurhaar look 2nd rate by comparison.
As i said, i think CZ plays a role for us. But I’ll happily stick my neck out and say WW will become a very very good footballer. A Toby Greene without the Toby Greene personality traits.

I know who has the bigger upside (in my mind at least)

RobZombie

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jays, Leafs
Still a lot of question marks over Cam. For someone that finds so little of the ball he can really butcher it.
Might have felt different if he'd nailed those two set shots. Didn't do enough to force his way into round 1 considerations for me though.

ozzyoslo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Must learn to throw the ball better or conceal better anyway.....shocking decision and that umpire should be whipped with the cane of nine tails.

I thought this preseason he should be given a more of an opportunity to show his wears but Scotty isnt into developing those outside the best 24 or so quicker, back to the VFL route you go Cameron.

He might be going WA bound come end of the season I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kimbo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Must learn to throw the ball better or conceal better anyway.....shocking decision and that umpire should be whipped with the cane of nine tails.

I thought this preseason he should be given a more of an opportunity to show his wears but Scotty isnt into developing those outside the best 24 or so quicker, back to the VFL route you go Cameron.

He might be going WA bound come end of the season I think.
He's coming off a limited pre-season mate. Going the early crow here?

Kimbo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool

Luke72

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder if losing the weight was the best thing considering his style of play. I have faith that he’ll be back to his best with a couple more games under his belt but busting into packs at 85kg has to be better than goin in at 75kg.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope he gets more of an extended run as a genuine mid at VFL level, even if it is as a tagger.

Get his K’s up and get him involved a bit more.

At his best he is very damaging.

Top Bottom