Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

never watched the game today as i had to put a roof on a shed, weather was just to good, 2 weeks behind and back to work tomorrow, so i listened to the game on the radio,he seemed to be into everything.

one thing i noticed last week however he is an excellent reader of the ball, hardly surprised he had a day out. previous calls that he would look good in the No 11 jumper make a lot a of parallels, not only was arch tough as they come, he also was a great judge of the ball.

Was great in the 1st quarter last week. Even better this week.

Tough as they come with some X factor. With the weight lost he's a bit quicker and can run out games now.

Great rookie pick up.

I wonder how often he's gonna do this or how he'll go against good defenses.

Cos if this wasn't a flash in the pan its almost going to be too good to be true. I remember King Corey saying he could be this sort of player last year some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is unprecedented to see an eligible rising star kick 5 goals in a game and not receive the nomination. Oh wait, that happened to Todd Goldstein. Yeah, nah, the nomination will go to that Bullflog with the mullet. They've been busting to give him a nod.

It is unprecedented to see an eligible rising star kick 5 goals in a game and not receive the nomination. Oh wait, that happened to Todd Goldstein. Yeah, nah, the nomination will go to that Bullflog with the mullet. They've been busting to give him a nod.
Bailey Williams?

Good news for you then, Aaron Naughton is ineligible. Too many games.

never watched the game today as i had to put a roof on a shed, weather was just to good, 2 weeks behind and back to work tomorrow, so i listened to the game on the radio,he seemed to be into everything.

one thing i noticed last week however he is an excellent reader of the ball, hardly surprised he had a day out. previous calls that he would look good in the No 11 jumper make a lot a of parallels, not only was arch tough as they come, he also was a great judge of the ball.
Couldn't put the roof on tomorrow? Sort ya s**t out son.

Serious mongrel in this kid, the sort you want to punch when you play against and walk taller when you play with. For all our faults this is some astute drafting.

Watched the replay of the game on Foxtel. Can honestly say I’ve never heard commentators be so apathetic about a kid kicking 5 goals. Was a great game and they couldn’t have cared less. Hope that’s not indicative of how the rest of the media treats him re the RS nomination this week. Some other little campaigner would want to have had an incredible game to pip The Zurhaar.

'...we obviously both went for the mark, I hit him, he went down and I've [ha!]...lucky enough, I stayed up.'

Yeah, bugger the faux 'my heart goes out to him and his family, etc.'

Zurhaar-Garner a fearsome combo, mongrel and unpredictable skills.

Unpredictable s brilliant description. Also Can needs to be given licence to shoot.

A few times this year he's been through on goal and a shot is the percentage option,but he looks to give it off.

It will be interesting to see how Piggy performs this week against the Cats, could be a tad harder than the Blues. Keep up the good form Piggy!

What's the origin of the "Piggy" nickname?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back