Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but the award isn't about who will end up the best player.

Also Scully was a jet at GWS before he did his ankle.

Had one great year (2016), one almost great year the year after.

He was also surrounded by a star studded midfield and could afford to run around without a care in the world.

Let's just take a chill pill for a little while yet.

As it stands, we have unearthed a very dynamic half forward prospect.

However, I reckon I have identified his past North comparison.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present Slammin' Cam

*The old timers will know what I am talking about.

View attachment 717294

View attachment 717298
Kekka has been described as possibly our most talented player in the history of the club. I hope you are right Snake_Baker

Indeed. DeGoey was playing mainly midfield in 2017, his 21yo year. Not a great comparison.

Those stats seem pretty similar considering the different roles they were playing.

The main differences seem to be what I'd expect from the same player playing two different positions.

Those stats seem pretty similar considering the different roles they were playing.

The main differences seem to be what I'd expect from the same player playing two different positions.
So we're all agreed that the differences in stats are largely because the play(ed) different positions? And that Cam would be even better if he added midfield time to his bag of tricks? Cool.

DeGoey was pick 5 and Pies traded Beams to get him. Cam Z doesn't have to be exactly as good for us to have got a fantastic value player. He is certainly doing everything right this season.

He might be an All Australian one day this kid, you have to ask yourself why Brad refused to give him much of a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All last year he had Hrovat and Turner played ahead of him. Why?

Which brain-dead utensil wrangler came up with that genius decision.

Last year he was nothing like the player he is now.

That's why.

It's a fairly common thing with young players.

You'd think there's no link between putting development time into players and them developing.

Apparently you just "PLAY THEM IN THE SENIORS", and then the magic just happens.

You'd think there's no link between putting development time into players and them developing.

Showed enough in the game against Essendon in his first year, taking time for the sake of taking times sake is not developing, it's limiting.

Showed enough in the game against Essendon in his first year, taking time for the sake of taking times sake is not developing, it's limiting.
Different people develop in different ways and at different times. Some will benefit from being thrown in the deep end, it will destroy others.

Brads approach to youth development is indefensible.

Zur is now thriving under Rhys - can't help but wonder if he'd have been dropped after the quiet stint he had a few weeks ago under Brad.

So we're all agreed that the differences in stats are largely because the play(ed) different positions? And that Cam would be even better if he added midfield time to his bag of tricks? Cool.

You know what I mean.

Brads approach to youth development is indefensible.

Zur is now thriving under Rhys - can't help but wonder if he'd have been dropped after the quiet stint he had a few weeks ago under Brad.

He won the rising star nom before Rhys tho. To be fair to Scotts. Some might argue he was thriving then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back