Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will play 19 games this year, so its $75,000 + (19 x $4,000) + $12,000 = $163,000.

View attachment 731300
Fair enough, he’s only really dominated this season. Maybe a bit rough that he was still a rookie as it was Brads stupid idea to put him in the ruck, but no looking backwards. If he’s still on minimum next year, he’d certainly look for a trade. He’s deserved every $ of that this year.
Bit strange everyone other key player has been extended and not him???

From Recruiting Manager Bryce Lewis

“Cameron is a forward/midfielder who is very powerful and aggressive, with a really good pair of hands.

“He had a bit of an injury interrupted start to the season, but made his way back for the nationals.

“He’s shown at East Fremantle that he’s been able to go through the midfield. That’s an area of his game he’s going to need to continue to work on, but we think he has a fair amount of scope to develop his game.”
Little late then never I guess......dare I say it >>>> Devolopment starts under a new coaching regime.

It's clear that Cam has outperformed expectations this season, but not all of us were taken by surprise.

Here, I present an attention-seeking blowing of my own trumpet that the Kardashians would cringe at. Hyperlinks used as the thread is closed:

7 October 2018:

10 October 2018:

12 October 2018:

Other clubs will come with decent offers. Cant m lowball him or he might get the s**ts which happens no matter how much someone loves the club. 3 year extension on 300-400k he will want id say. And id give it to him. In a heartbeat. Should be wearing that number 11.
According to the AFL, the average player, excluding Rookies should be on $371k in 2018, which would include matchies and bonuses. This is obviously inflated by guys on $1m a reduced by 1st year players on $200k.
Will 300k be enough to lock him down for 4 years, I doubt it.
I reckon it will need to be $350k to start climbing to $500k with triggers.
The risk is they hold him to donuts next year because the deals done, he gets pissed and NM don’t even get a look in anymore after 2020. This may be why they’re waiting for Rawlings.

Just needs to improve that consistency and we have an elite medium forward here. 10 goals in two games, and then 16 in the other 17 is probably indicative of that.

In saying that, he is one of those guys that doesn't necessarily need to be kicking goals to have his presence felt on a match either.

Just needs to improve that consistency and we have an elite medium forward here. 10 goals in two games, and then 16 in the other 17 is probably indicative of that.

In saying that, he is one of those guys that doesn't necessarily need to be kicking goals to have his presence felt on a match either.
Just need to re-sign first.😱

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media bias

Rozee, Stack and Walsh were the chosen ones before a ball was bounced

How is it any difference to the AA team?

There's about 4 Ken Doll's on the selection panel.

Richo didn't watch the game when CZ took his team apart? KB must have.

You highlight one of the key reasons that these awards are a farce. Some of the ar$eclowns who vote on them only watch about half of the games - by their own admission. Further, for many of the games they're watching, they're part of the commentary team and they listen to (and are influenced by) Bruce and BT drooling all over their little favourites.

You highlight one of the key reasons that these awards are a farce. Some of the ar$eclowns who vote on them only watch about half of the games - by their own admission. Further, for many of the games they're watching, they're part of the commentary team and they listen to (and are influenced by) Bruce and BT drooling all over their little favourites.

They're not even good football analysts.

It's a vacuous award facilitated by vacuous people.

The AA team is the same. It's been prostituted to the point where it's just about lost any relevance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back