Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - North Melbourne has offered a five-year deal to stay at the Roos

I was hoping, in the sense that I felt his form and development fully warranted, Cam being upgraded to the senior list.
Even Tom Murphy I felt was a prospective upgrade. Is it right that we still have a couple of spots available on our senior list? I'm probably wrong there.

Personally I really hope that Zurhaar is upgraded prior to the season commencing.
He ticks so many boxes and it must be a little bit deflating for him to still be on the rookie list coming into his third year.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was hoping, in the sense that I felt his form and development fully warranted, Cam being upgraded to the senior list.
Even Tom Murphy I felt was a prospective upgrade. Is it right that we still have a couple of spots available on our senior list? I'm probably wrong there.

Personally I really hope that Zurhaar is upgraded prior to the season commencing.
He ticks so many boxes and it must be a little bit deflating for him to still be on the rookie list coming into his third year.
Cam's contract as a rookie was renewed earlier in the year with a caveat that he will be on the main list for the 2020 season, so locked in.

We have 2 senior spots technically left but we are going with an extra rookie next year instead
And the last senior spot looks like Tom Campbell is getting it

Next year we can upgrade cam to take the 40th senior list spot without even delisting anyone by going back to 40 and 4 rookies instead of 39 and 5rookies

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Seriously how do we fit all these guys into one team

This is the thing.

I don't have Cam in the current best 26-28, but I am wrapped to have him on the list.

He's one I will be looking for from 2020 onwards

We have 2 senior spots technically left but we are going with an extra rookie next year instead
And the last senior spot looks like Tom Campbell is getting it

Next year we can upgrade cam to take the 40th senior list spot without even delisting anyone by going back to 40 and 4 rookies instead of 39 and 5rookies
We will still have to make the mandatory 3 list changes.

We will still have to make the mandatory 3 list changes.
Correct but one of them can be upgrading cam from rookie to senior list, going back to 40 on senior list

Meaning we really only need to delist 2 players

Draft 2 players plus upgrade zurhaar
Or draft 1 player and upgrade zurhaar and Murphy

This is the thing.

I don't have Cam in the current best 26-28, but I am wrapped to have him on the list.

He's one I will be looking for from 2020 onwards

How do you see our perfect forward setup?

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How do you see our perfect forward setup?
Not directed at me but best 6 up front would probably be

Higgins, Wood, Garner
Turner, Brown, Ziebell

With Higgins basically an extra mid, or we use that spot to rotate cunners when he needs a rest

But getting that group healthy at the same time would be a pipe dream imo, so just keep the double Z's in there.

If I was running the club I'd want

Wood, Daw, Turner
Zurhaar, Brown, Ziebell

Haveing Z and Z on either side of brown would surely give him a break from the constant holding

Correct but one of them can be upgrading cam from rookie to senior list, going back to 40 on senior list

Meaning we really only need to delist 2 players

Draft 2 players plus upgrade zurhaar
Or draft 1 player and upgrade zurhaar and Murphy
We have to delist 3 players though, not draft 3. The Hawks only drafted 2 in this year’s most recent National Draft.

We have to delist 3 players though, not draft 3. The Hawks only drafted 2 in this year’s most recent National Draft.
We have a spare spot on the senior list due to an extra rookie spot instead, pretty sure we can just delist 2 which would take us down to 37 senior list and then draft 3 (including upgrades)

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Wood, Daw, Turner
Zurhaar, Brown, Ziebell

Haveing Z and Z on either side of brown would surely give him a break from the constant holding

Lucky we don't have Zaharakis, because a forward line of Zurhaar / Zeibell / Zaharakis would put you to sleep.. too many Z's...

Nah Atley to hbf
Zurhaar takes his forward spot
Atley deserves more time to learn the forward craft. He showed good signs last year and he deserves another year at it. I think he will have his best year in 2019. Let Zuhraar run straight at them for a while

Atley deserves more time to learn the forward craft. He showed good signs last year and he deserves another year at it. I think he will have his best year in 2019. Let Zuhraar run straight at them for a while
As long as we have a little more X factor in our hbf line I’m happy

I'd play Zuhraar across half back. Quick, gutsy, big hoof on him. Perfect.
Not sure how quick he is TBH. And we have more than enough HBFs already without trying to make another one. I'm with the Ziebs on this :drunk:, he stays forward.

Back