Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on subject, I reckon Cam is gunna be spending a looong time running this preseason . Midfield time awaits.
I hope so he would be a point of difference for our midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contract states he needs to be promoted at the end of 2019.

I imagine he'd still be on a pretty low rookie base for 2020 of circa $100-$150k.

I'd be looking at giving him a big bump for 2020 and trying to sign him until 2023 as a byproduct.

He's a WA boy and these types should be on a reasonably long extensions to hold any power if they do eventually want to return.

No idea why anyones concerned about him going home.

He's never once stated any loyalty to WA and loves playing at North and loves the guys he's playing with.

Lock him away on the basis of him being a very very good player, not because of go-home factor.

North is his home.

I'm not concerned, you just have to be well planned for any scenario.

Many things can change from a family perspective in a young kids life.

I proposed a 3 year extension for the only reason of being a very good young player whom will more than likely be in demand at some point in his career.

Whats the wage for Rookies atm? it's probably like $60k, he is in for a huge payrise, we need to offer him at least $450k i would say.

No idea why anyones concerned about him going home.

He's never once stated any loyalty to WA and loves playing at North and loves the guys he's playing with.

Lock him away on the basis of him being a very very good player, not because of go-home factor.

North is his home.
Absolutely correct. Got an offer from Shockers last year and turned it down, but pushed North to 2 years.
Issue won’t be wanting to go home, but how can we expect him to stay on $150k a year when offers would be far greater than that. Word is that Rawlings has a different approach and will pay fair value, not overs but fair.
In fairness he’s paid the Club back for sitting on base money for 3 years. Reckon he’ll finish in the top 10 this year, earning less than guys who haven’t played.
If the club lets him go into 2020 without an extension and on $150k, we deserve to lose him.
Would have said the same about TT but he got extended last week.

He and Larkey are thick as thieves, just watch them after one kicks a goal. Happy to lock both down long term, he has the attributes and attitude. Clearly loves making his presence felt on field and appears to genuinely enjoy what he's doing.
Three musketeers. Larkey, TT & Zurhaar.
2 down, 1 to go.

Absolutely correct. Got an offer from Shockers last year and turned it down, but pushed North to 2 years.
Issue won’t be wanting to go home, but how can we expect him to stay on $150k a year when offers would be far greater than that. Word is that Rawlings has a different approach and will pay fair value, not overs but fair.
In fairness he’s paid the Club back for sitting on base money for 3 years. Reckon he’ll finish in the top 10 this year, earning less than guys who haven’t played.
If the club lets him go into 2020 without an extension and on $150k, we deserve to lose him.
Would have said the same about TT but he got extended last week.

Both players deserve every bit of coin coming their way, particularly those 2.

They are the foundation of the team potentially for the next 10 years.

I wouldn't ever let the following leave ever, keep them as one club players (provided their potential is fulfilled)
B. Scott
LDU
Will Walker
Zurhaar
Thomas
Larkey
Simpkin
EVW
Crocker
Xerri

And thats being slightly conservative.

Whats the wage for Rookies atm? it's probably like $60k, he is in for a huge payrise, we need to offer him at least $450k i would say.

Will play 19 games this year, so its $75,000 + (19 x $4,000) + $12,000 = $163,000.

rookies.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back