Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just pull the plug. He's requiring injections, is clearly a bit laboured, and now we're even admitting he's a 50/50 prospect. If he tries to play through it much more I'm guessing he's about equal odds of doing real damage to either his shoulder or his confidence. Put him to pasture while he's still in good form, do what needs to be done to get the area right, and let him attack the off and pre seasons without anything holding him back.

We literally have a comparable player in Ford chomping at the bit to get his own shot. Not sure what we have to lose.

Just pull the plug. He's requiring injections, is clearly a bit laboured, and now we're even admitting he's a 50/50 prospect. If he tries to play through it much more I'm guessing he's about equal odds of doing real damage to either his shoulder or his confidence. Put him to pasture while he's still in good form, do what needs to be done to get the area right, and let him attack the off and pre seasons without anything holding him back.

We literally have a comparable player in Ford chomping at the bit to get his own shot. Not sure what we have to lose.

nothing

Totally agree.

Put him on ice for the rest of the season and get his shoulder 100 percent right before preseason.

We should be doing the same for any other players carrying niggles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to go back to April since CZ had a goalless game.

Coupla 4s in there too

View attachment 1200039
24 with 7 marks and 2 goals was great, but I’m surprised he hasn’t had one or two games like Souv a few weeks ago where he just destroyed the opposition. Has kicked 5 twice and 4 multiple times, but would love to see him close the season with a real big bag of goals (with some of his massive tackles thrown in too).

24 with 7 marks and 2 goals was great, but I’m surprised he hasn’t had one or two games like Souv a few weeks ago where he just destroyed the opposition. Has kicked 5 twice and 4 multiple times, but would love to see him close the season with a real big bag of goals (with some of his massive tackles thrown in too).

Eagles was that game, with 8 scoring shots. Could have easily been 6 goals or more.

If Z is kicking multiple goals with regularity as a psudeo 2nd tall, how's he gonna go as a genuine 3rd option with Souv and Chom taking defenders 1 and 2? So good that he's very comfortable at ground level because he's going to worry a lot of players that are big enough to challenge him in the air.

Did everyone hear Brereton finally twig after Zurhaar slotted goal from 50m/60 degrees out - “Boy, he’s more than just a bull at a gate!”

This is Australian sports commentary summed up. ‘Experts’ (in footy, obvs not commentary) so attached to a cliché (‘boy Ben Brown’s run up eh?’, etc) and so incapable of thinking someone could be more than one thing at a time (a wrecking ball AND skilful) catching on about 12 months too late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back