Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

He really took his footy seriously this year, shedded weight and got himself fit.

his start to the season was poor IMO and he would say similar. You can narrow it down to anything but he just regathered and went back to the fundamentals and it’s all payed off.

✅consistent performances

there is still room for growth like with every player but just so stoked for him to getting back to his best and playing awesome footy.

Big rumours that Richmond are going to go hard for him in the next year. Can someone put our mind at ease?

Have you seen The Bull grab his jumper when he kicks a goal?

He could stay at north and continue with partnering his best mate in Larkey, or leave and partner with an aging Tom Lynch.

He could stay at North as they rise, or jump ship as the tigers dive.

Last but not least, who has more cap room?

All those reasons should suffice.

He really took his footy seriously this year, shedded weight and got himself fit.

his start to the season was poor IMO and he would say similar. You can narrow it down to anything but he just regathered and went back to the fundamentals and it’s all payed off.

✅consistent performances

there is still room for growth like with every player but just so stoked for him to getting back to his best and playing awesome footy.

Bang on the nose. In the opening month or so I had him penciled in as potential trade bait, now I think he's one of our best and most consistent players. I'm glad he proved me wrong because he is unique in a team that needs unique.

Bang on the nose. In the opening month or so I had him penciled in as potential trade bait, now I think he's one of our best and most consistent players. I'm glad he proved me wrong because he is unique in a team that needs unique.
Consistency is what a young team like us need, all we can ask is for our players to do their role. And cam goes above and beyond.

The same guy was posting about us trading for Matt Crouch...
Before this guy posted, I was told he had signed for a while. I was actually going to tweet to Sammy to ask him before I saw that tweet. Seems like someone has leaked it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did everyone hear Brereton finally twig after Zurhaar slotted goal from 50m/60 degrees out - “Boy, he’s more than just a bull at a gate!”

This is Australian sports commentary summed up. ‘Experts’ (in footy, obvs not commentary) so attached to a cliché (‘boy Ben Brown’s run up eh?’, etc) and so incapable of thinking someone could be more than one thing at a time (a wrecking ball AND skilful) catching on about 12 months too late.
Brereton says that about Zurhaar alot I reckon. Its like he's going out of his way to make the same point you are making. I've heard him say he's not just a bullocking player a few times.

Its certainly the main media take on him tho.

Brereton says that about Zurhaar alot I reckon. Its like he's going out of his way to make the same point you are making. I've heard him say he's not just a bullocking player a few times.

Its certainly the main media take on him tho.

Dermie loves Zurhaar, but loves Cunnington more.

Before this guy posted, I was told he had signed for a while. I was actually going to tweet to Sammy to ask him before I saw that tweet. Seems like someone has leaked it.

Why would we not announce it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would we not announce it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Possibly just an in principle agreement and they're fine tuning it, but more likely they're saving the announcement to either emphasise or offset something. Not the first time we tried to hold off until the B&F to announce (emphasis on tried), or maybe we're letting some beloved player(s) go in the offseason and want to counterpunch that news with something positive.

Dermie loves Zurhaar, but loves Cunnington more.
I've been suprised with some of the comments Dermie has been making lately. Has been calling out strengths in our young guys and clever passages of play.

Seems a far cry from the days commentators would harp on about our opposition like there was only 1 team on the field. Another year or so and they might actually learn all our players names!

Possibly just an in principle agreement and they're fine tuning it, but more likely they're saving the announcement to either emphasise or offset something. Not the first time we tried to hold off until the B&F to announce (emphasis on tried), or maybe we're letting some beloved player(s) go in the offseason and want to counterpunch that news with something positive.
Are you saying they 'might' have a plan?? Like actual logistics?

If you’re bored, have a read at the comments. The salt is strong with the Carlton nuffs.
My Carlton supporting cousin has commented back asking how the wooden spoon is treating him. It’s a fair comment - Carlton fans are Kings of the Wooden Spoon after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back