Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interstate I understand. I'm referring to the players based in Melbourne.
Yes you can't eliminate ALL risk, but for those based in Melbourne, why increase the risk of injury to them by having them do weights programs outside the club.

There is risk wherever someone trains. I’m sure the club is aware of what they’re doing outside of the club. Just be thankful they’re putting in the hard yards.

Lebron spends millions every year on personal fitness, diet, etc. I don’t think the Lakers are too worried.

The more resources available to the player, whether it be at the club or private is beneficial to the player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The good stuff can also be obtained in mainstream gyms. The ones with rather large motorcycles in the parking lot.
Mine is Derrimut Gym the biggest around. l dont see many motorcycles around , just lamborginis , mercedes , porsches... ;)

Interstate I understand. I'm referring to the players based in Melbourne.
Yes you can't eliminate ALL risk, but for those based in Melbourne, why increase the risk of injury to them by having them do weights programs outside the club.
im most likely wrong on this but isnt there a rule from the players association that the players have to have a certain amount of time away from the club over the off season

im most likely wrong on this but isnt there a rule from the players association that the players have to have a certain amount of time away from the club over the off season
Yep, these are players opting to do extras. I'd imagine programs would be looked at by the club first but I think it's fantastic that they are showing hunger and drive.

The club would also dictate the overarching results of the workout. For example, zero benefits in building 5kgs of muscle mass in November and the club needs you lighter so strips it in December.

Mine is Derrimut Gym the biggest around. l dont see many motorcycles around , just lamborginis , mercedes , porsches... ;)

Don't forget the Bentley.
Good guy Nick the owner known him for a good 25 years.
Wild scene the gym scene though, Nicks been shot at and all sorts of threats and standover tactics fly all over the place.

Don't forget the Bentley.
Good guy Nick the owner known him for a good 25 years.
Wild scene the gym scene though, Nicks been shot at and all sorts of threats and standover tactics fly all over the place.

Can you get me a discount on my memebership... ;) :grinning:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, these guys, in some cases, are multimillion dollar investments from the club. I suspect everything like this is ticked off well in advance by the S&C team. Maybe even different gyms and PTs strike deals with clubs to send their players to them. It's not like they're using rusty dumbells in Dominic's shed who's also selling them a bit of the good stuff he got from Danky on the side.

Im fairly certain this is to circumvent the players association CBA.

They have to have a minimum period away from the club, including S&C coaches etc.

Christian Woodford also isn’t some main stream personal trainer. He works with footballers, olympians, basketballers etc, he could get a gig as head of S&C at any AFL club if he wanted to leave the private sector.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back