Past #44: Djaran Whyman - drafted '06 rookie draft - promoted end '06 - delisted end '07 - 3 games for NM

With Whyman coming in, I think we will see Whyman and Adams for Thomas and Wells.

Would rather we see Moran for Brown as well, but would be happy with those changes and Adams getting a proper crack at the midfield.

He will perform.

And a midfield with Simpson, Harris, Swallow and Adams is a maniac midfield. They will all knock eachother out.
I would wait until next week for Adams and give Thomas another game. Just Whyman for Wells, in addition to the weekly "Moran for Brown FFS" that will never happen.

Adams then makes his return for us in Tassie, and we aren't changing the side around too much. While things are going well, we shouldn't be looking at more than just the one change per week IMO.

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would wait until next week for Adams and give Thomas another game. Just Whyman for Wells, in addition to the weekly "Moran for Brown FFS" that will never happen.

Adams then makes his return for us in Tassie, and we aren't changing the side around too much. While things are going well, we shouldn't be looking at more than just the one change per week IMO.

Yeah, but Wellsy is only out for one week and of the three I think Adams is the most capable of going straight into the midfield and having an effect.

I said in another thread he is one of those players who - like Swallow -has gone in and almost immediately dominated at each level - under 18, TAC champs, VFL - and I think if give the time on ball he would have an impact in the middle at AFL level.

I can see a Swallow vs Geelong last year type game - and Swallow getting that chance and performing had a huge impact on his progession as a player.

Yeah, but Wellsy is only out for one week and of the three I think Adams is the most capable of going straight into the midfield and having an effect.

I said in another thread he is one of those players who - like Swallow -has gone in and almost immediately dominated at each level - under 18, TAC champs, VFL - and I think if give the time on ball he would have an impact in the middle at AFL level.

I can see a Swallow vs Geelong last year type game - and Swallow getting that chance and performing had a huge impact on his progession as a player.
I wouldn't be rushing Wellsy back in. That is 2 knee injuries so far this year, I think we can afford to be cautious with him. And I know what you're saying as well re Adams. I just think the conditions in 2 weeks against Hawthorn will suit him best and another week in the VFL to get him really hungry for it couldn't hurt.

Kangas wary of Demons
19/07/2007 2:02:49 PM
Jonathan Healy
Sportal

The Kangaroos might be one of the form teams of the competition, but coach Dean Laidley is not expecting an easy match against Melbourne this Sunday evening at Telstra Dome.

Having won 10 of their past 12 matches, the Kangaroos sit in third place on the AFL ladder, while the Demons languish in 15th place with just three wins to their name.

But when Laidley was asked by the media on Thursday morning at Arden Street if he thought the game against the Demons would be an easy kill, he quickly refuted such suggestions.

"A walk in the park? You don't get those games these days in AFL football," Laidley said.

"It is going to be a real tough game and we are really looking forward to the challenge."

With long-term casualties Nathan Thompson and Josh Gibson the only two players from the Kangaroos' best side that missed last Sunday's gritty four-point victory over Fremantle, Laidley has near to a full complement of players to choose from this week.

And while star midfielder Daniel Wells injured his knee against the Dockers and was expected to spend anywhere up to three weeks on the sidelines, Laidley said the news on the 22-year-old was good, and he hopes he will return for the Roos round 17 clash against Hawthorn.

"We probably thought it was going to be two weeks but it looks like it is only going to be one which is pretty pleasing," Laidley said.

Coming in to replace Wells against the Demons is small forward Djaran Whyman, after the 23-year-old's continued impressive performances in the VFL with North Ballarat.

Whyman kicked five goals for North Ballarat against Frankston in a best on ground performance during round 12 of the VFL, before booting another two majors the following week against the Bendigo Bombers.

Laidley said Whyman has worked hard for his spot in the team, and his debut game against the Demons was well deserved.

"We are really excited that he is going to play for us this weekend," Laidley said.

"It's a wonderful story. He has come from Echuca, through the Bendigo Pioneers, to the Hawthorn rookie list, to North Ballarat."

"He has worked particularly hard to get a game and we have seen some great improvement in him over the last couple of years."

What a game by the debutant. First gamer and didnot he spark the dome. His the X factor. Our new ignitor. What a star he will become!!

His stats for todays game

7 kicks
2 handballs
9 disposals
3 marks
2 goals (was robbed another)
2 behinds
2 FF
1 FA

B-Rock

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2005
E.K
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a game by the debutant. First gamer and didnot he spark the dome. His the X factor. Our new ignitor. What a star he will become!!

His stats for todays game

7 kicks
2 handballs
9 disposals
3 marks
2 goals (was robbed another)
2 behinds
2 FF
1 FA

The X factor? You idiot.

B-Rock

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2005
E.K
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GR sorry to burst your bubble mate... but if you cant kick over the guy in the goal squares head you are not robbed of a goal...

Deserves his spot in fornt of Eddie..

No I liked the bit where he listed all 9 of his disposals and then labelled him the "X factor". Premature ejaculator alert!

Bryceson

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vic Bushrangers
Do people reckon Whyman will be able to stay in the side for the rest of the season?

Im considering puttin him in my dream team to get a bit of money and i thought i'd get some north supporters opinions of him.

What do youse reckon? Cheers

jacko57

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do people reckon Whyman will be able to stay in the side for the rest of the season?

Im considering puttin him in my dream team to get a bit of money and i thought i'd get some north supporters opinions of him.

What do youse reckon? Cheers
I liked his work on Sunday. But basically, subject to how many on the list might be out injured, he's competing for a spot with Thomas, Campbell, Sansbury & potentially Harding. My guess is he'll hold his spot if he's performing, but one quiet game could see him given a spell in the 2s.

No I liked the bit where he listed all 9 of his disposals and then labelled him the "X factor". Premature ejaculator alert!

What's wrong with posting what he got for the game?

Why don't you go bag RB for naming Dmac as an X- Factor. Oh yeh i forgot your in love with him.

Jun 6, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
He needs to put in another solid performance against the hawks this week to keep his spot in the side once Wells comes back from injury.

If he does better than the guys jacko mentioned, he should keep his spot.

He was able to find the middle of the big sticks, that is important. As long as he keeps going like he has then I would find it hard for him to lose his spot.

Bryceson

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vic Bushrangers
I liked his work on Sunday. But basically, subject to how many on the list might be out injured, he's competing for a spot with Thomas, Campbell, Sansbury & potentially Harding. My guess is he'll hold his spot if he's performing, but one quiet game could see him given a spell in the 2s.
U reckon if i've got Whyman and Campbell on the bench one of them should get a game?

rooboy_90

Club Legend
North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Jul 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whyman debut

61tfh8o.gif

File name: whyman debut
Size: 7.27MB

Download here

Mirror

Adrian Shelton

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
North Adelaide
He looks a bit different now to the guy i used to see a few sat arvos on ABC telly when i was living over there running ariound in the NB Roosters jumper.

rooboy_90

Club Legend
North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Jul 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was a really 'lively' and 'encouraging' debut.

Back