Swan4Life

All Australian
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Elite disposal by foot & a future A-grader. Or so i've been told.

Reality:

1. C-grade footskills
2. D-grade football player
3. Pea heart who gets physically outmuscled in 99% of 1 on 1 contests

Have I left anything out?

Not only is he not elite but he is decidedly below average - which is saying something in a watered-down 18 team comp.

So for the sake of my own sanity, can we please put an end to the mindless comparisons between him & players like Jetta & McVeigh?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J_Moore

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I never really got the rapturous praise for his skills over the past couple of years, but he's not utterly terrible.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Yeah cant compare to mcveigh, he gets involved in the game

Disposal was good, he is not an elite start player

But he is a kid, he gets hits touches he will develop, hardly the issue in this side , just my view

scaryness

Oct 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/Trail Blazers
We have seen both the Jake Lloyd who in the first month of this year and the QF last year was one of the best midfielders in our team because of his composure and skills.

Then we have seen the Jake Lloyd of the last month or so, a clanger machine who can shirk a contest.

He is also only 21 and played less than 50 games. Give him time before declaring him a spud.

I'm pretty confident his consistent level is closer to the former than the latter.

grimlock

Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2001
Luke Parker's Bandwagon
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, NSW
He's just out of form, he usually is a very good user of the football but in recent weeks has become as putrid as the rest of the team. Maybe it's contagious.

I wouldn't mind him dropping back to the reserves in an attempt to rebuild his confidence.

Having said all that, it's ridiculous he's being made the scapegoat when more senior midfielders today were just as poor if not even worse than Lloyd.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Biggest problem at this club is lloyd is the type who would get dropped when the sides out of form

Heaven forbid a k jack or hannebery etc are held responsible for that s**t we served up

Easier to drop the kids though

I will wesr lloyds average kicking because he had a go

Heck you wear goodsey pinged holding the ball late, at least he took it on tried to creatE

But where was parker tonight? Did vonn kidnap him? Where were our captains, got two, think one could show up

scaryness

Oct 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys/Trail Blazers
Biggest problem at this club is lloyd is the type who would get dropped when the sides out of form

Heaven forbid a k jack or hannebery etc are held responsible for that s**t we served up

Easier to drop the kids though

I will wesr lloyds average kicking because he had a go

Heck you wear goodsey pinged holding the ball late, at least he took it on tried to creatE

But where was parker tonight? Did vonn kidnap him? Where were our captains, got two, think one could show up
Need to adopt Beveridge's philosophy of best in form 22.

Don't care about your name, if you're not playing well you're not playing seniors.

Except we don't have depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swan4Life

All Australian
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
He's just out of form, he usually is a very good user of the football but in recent weeks has become as putrid as the rest of the team. Maybe it's contagious.

I wouldn't mind him dropping back to the reserves in an attempt to rebuild his confidence.

Having said all that, it's ridiculous he's being made the scapegoat when more senior midfielders today were just as poor if not even worse than Lloyd.
Where have i stated that he is responsible or solely responsible for the loss tonight?

My opinion is based on what i have seen over a sustained period vis-a-vis the numerous comments I have read over the same period. There is no correlation between what people have written this year and what he brings to the table. None!

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Need to adopt Beveridge's philosophy of best in form 22.

Don't care about your name, if you're not playing well you're not playing seniors.

Except we don't have depth.

I keep hearing that and maybe its true , but why not see? Surely someone is in form in the reserves lets reward that form, you never know what you have.

Swan4Life

All Australian
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Starting a thread after the game calling him a pea heart (which is a pretty rough for the reasons others have stated above) kind of implies it.
This was simply the game that caused my cup to spill over.

He has been ordinary in many games this year. The fact that some of you cannot see that doesn't surprise me.

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Lloyd has very good foot skills. Hes finding it tough at the moment because he is not getting the space he is used to. He is just in a learning curve at the moment

Number37

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney

He has been ordinary in many games this year. The fact that some of you cannot see that doesn't surprise me.
He hasn't been in great form but geez at least part of the problem is that he (like everyone else) doesn't have anyone to kick it to.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots

Think its the pea heart comment that i find off, thats all

Not claiming is he a demi god, but he has a crack, cant fault that

bungee

Jack's back with his crack and sack waxed
Aug 16, 2006
South East England.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I follow no other, only Swans
Lloyd has very good foot skills. Hes finding it tough at the moment because he is not getting the space he is used to. He is just in a learning curve at the moment
Can't agree. Lloyd usually is running by himself in plenty of space but he hesitates, stops our run and then clangers the ball (6 clangers in one game). No idea what's up with him but the last month or so he has gone from Rolls Royce to broken down Fiat in the skills stakes.

The question is does he need to get some confidence back in the NEAFL ? (if that's even possible)

Top Bottom